Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Supercharger- Yorkdale Mall, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a friend recently posted this into our group chat. Not sure if it’s going to be a new Supercharger or destination charging spot.
It’s located at P1 of Yorkdale Mall Holt Renfrew Parking lot.
84A9FE8B-8FCC-435F-BBCF-04539CEE7327-24950-00001F5A6B354948_tmp.JPG

HPWCs should be plenty for Yorkdale ... as you'd be stopping at the mall for at least 1h, that gives you 74km of range if they don't cheap out on the power. Though as I write that I note that almost every destination charger I've used has been 40A instead of 80A.

HPWCs should be plenty for Yorkdale ... as you'd be stopping at the mall for at least 1h, that gives you 74km of range if they don't cheap out on the power. Though as I write that I note that almost every destination charger I've used has been 40A instead of 80A.

Lots of urban superchargers are getting installed in shopping malls and other types of central shopping districts in the US. They’re 72 kW peak output, not shared, and will fully charge a car in about an hour and a half or so. Tesla offers these as a primary means of charging to city dwellers who may not have access to charging infrastructure where they live (apartments, condos, houses without driveways).

Yorkdale is probably the busiest suburban mall in the GTA, so if they are adding SC's the signage needs to be really good to keep them from being ICE'd.
They should have put them down on the new P5 level. Even during Christmas there is always parking there.

Yorkdale put 5 levels of underground parking during the east expansion for TTC commuter/employee's. TTC did not go through with the deal due to costs so 99% of the time it is empty there while parking above ground is extremely hard to find.

Would that matter for people with single chargers (2014-2015 cars)? I know they've since changed the onboard chargers