Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pothole Avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had too many bent and crack rims. Need this feature in the Model S ASAP

Even Ford Fusion has this tech:

New Ford Fusion skips over potholes - Feb. 18, 2016

Yes, that would be really good. We just lost a rear tire and rim two nights ago. The service response was excellent, though; the roadside assistance brought us a spare wheel/tire and installed it, and yesterday I got replacement wheel and two new tires (both rear tires were quite worn, so it made sense to replace both).

Yes, that would be really good. We just lost a rear tire and rim two nights ago. The service response was excellent, though; the roadside assistance brought us a spare wheel/tire and installed it, and yesterday I got replacement wheel and two new tires (both rear tires were quite worn, so it made sense to replace both).

Sorry to hear that. I bent a rim couple months after the delivery. Ever since I have been very very careful.

I'm guessing this should be doable via a software update on the cars with air suspension. Any suspension experts here? :)

We're spending too much money on expanding roads and not enough on maintenance. I wonder how much our poor maintenance costs in damage to cars and how many crashes are caused by it.
Here they repair the roads a lot, but they don't seem to have the repair procedure down because within a month it's back to the way it was before the original repair. And it doesn't seem to matter if they just to a "fill" type of repair or take out the section and pour new concrete.