Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pothole > Blow out > Bottomed out > Bummed out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NikeWings

Apr 7, 2016
California
IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1712.JPG

Snagged a massive pot hole, :eek: blew two tires (FR and RR) and sunk deep knocking the nose out of alignment. It was almost midnight and roadside assistance saved me within 30 minutes with two wheels.

The SvC returned my wheels with new tires the next day and also realigned the nose perfectly. But I've got this deep gouge in the plastic just under the nose where it banged the road on the way down.

Any "been there, done that's" around? Grind or sand it down, or replace?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Tezzie
Damn, now that is a pot hole, I had the same issue about a month ago, both right side tires and both aftermarket rims bent, but didn't get into the body at all. Sorry about your luck. No clue on how to fix it, take it to a body shop and get their opinion, guessing it will depend on how deep the scratches are between fixing and replacing.

If it is just marking over the paint, try light spray of wd40, followed by light rub of mr clean magic erase pad, only on the impacted area. Good luck

Oh I wish. Some of it is deeply gouged from that momentary skid with the decrepit street.
I made an appointment, might as well get it fixed right although I was very tempted to use my dads electric sander.
I still might. :D