Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pothole rash... Repair recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

So it finally happen, hit a pothole on the way home and I have some rash on my passenger rear Turbines..

Any recommendations for wheel repair?

Attachments

• 0847A963-0409-419F-8E24-06FAABB4286A.jpeg
    0847A963-0409-419F-8E24-06FAABB4286A.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 185
Hey guys,

So it finally happen, hit a pothole on the way home and I have some rash on my passenger rear Turbines..

Any recommendations for wheel repair?

The first time I got a curb rash, I was so distraught with myself, and made an appointment with Alloy Wheel Repair. This was over 5 years ago so I don't remember the price but I think it was around $150, and within a month or two I got another curb rash. I've been driving for 33 years and never curb rashed my wheels until I got an S. Now I've got some measure of rash on all 4 corners over the years. I just came to accept it on the turbines.

Reactions: PlugNPlay85
The first time I got a curb rash, I was so distraught with myself, and made an appointment with Alloy Wheel Repair. This was over 5 years ago so I don't remember the price but I think it was around $150, and within a month or two I got another curb rash. I've been driving for 33 years and never curb rashed my wheels until I got an S. Now I've got some measure of rash on all 4 corners over the years. I just came to accept it on the turbines.

I know the feeling, I have never curbed a wheel till I got an S. This girl does have wide hips though.. probably looking into going with Prodent Hawaii.

I feel like the paint in the Turbines are prone to chips. I have a few chips on almost every wheel but in random places on the spokes. Probably have them repaired all at once

Reactions: StephenM
Sad day. Had my model 3 about a month and finally got curb rash (about 1-2in. ) on my front right rim. Anyone get rims repaired recently and know what it costs at the service center vs other places on Oahu?

Attachments

• DSC_3020.JPG
    DSC_3020.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 81