Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pour to Recharge Your Electric Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I hear about using flow cells as the power source for automobiles, this keeps popping into my head:

3264.jpg

And this:

nunzio-la-vecchia_100503433_l.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
That's a 2017 article? Flow batteries have been around in labs for several years. I really hate the idea because it requires building an additional nationwide filling station infrastructure, which is the same big problem with hydrogen. Directly recharging with electricity is like the common currency, because electricity distribution already exists pretty much everywhere.

Reactions: BluestarE3
Pish-posh. Another company hoping the "average" ignore-ant American will want to keep going to the gas station. Somebody forgot to tell Cushman that we have outlets. Some (like mine) are in the garage. My car charges every night. I don't need to go anywhere to charge my battery.

It also sounds like he's being paid by the corn and grain growers' and the brewers' associations.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I do think it's funny how a lot of the public gets this tunnel vision focus on filling time as the only thing that matters, when electric recharge has a list as long as your leg of advantages over other alternatives.

It's easy to make assumptions based on how things currently work.

However, it's worth noting that rapid refueling is not just about convenience for the individual car owner: Rapid refueling provides volume that makes it much easier to have a refueling business. With viable reueling businesses, infrastructural challenges would disappear quickly.

Additionally, rapid refueling would make it easier to operate larger vehicles.

But, there's enough market without it for PEVs to grow to the point where old assumptions would shift.