Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pouring rain, door handles don't extend (wrong car...doh!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife drops me and and my son-in-law at the movies and says she's going shopping at the mall and will pick me up when the movie is over. Movie over, we call the wife, and she says, "pouring rain, don't want to go to the parking lot, just wait." So SIL and myself look out the windows and see the RED Model S in the parking lot a couple of hundred yards away, and we say to each other: let's go get the car and pick HER up. Which we proceed to do, running to the car in the pouring rain. Get to the car, door handles don't extend. WTF?

Get closer, stand there, touch the handles, no joy and realize that this RED model S has wagon wheels and a peanut butter interior, instead of 19" and black interior... Running to the nearest shelter.

Yes, there are two red Model S in my neighborhood...

So my wife drops me and and my son-in-law at the movies and says she's going shopping at the mall and will pick me up when the movie is over. Movie over, we call the wife, and she says, "pouring rain, don't want to go to the parking lot, just wait." So SIL and myself look out the windows and see the RED Model S in the parking lot a couple of hundred yards away, and we say to each other: let's go get the car and pick HER up. Which we proceed to do, running to the car in the pouring rain. Get to the car, door handles don't extend. WTF?

Get closer, stand there, touch the handles, no joy and realize that this RED model S has wagon wheels and a peanut butter interior, instead of 19" and black interior... Running to the nearest shelter.

Yes, there are two red Model S in my neighborhood...

Lol. Was this yesterday in Ledgewood?

Funny story, but I'm glad the thread title was changed (by a mod?) to add "Wrong car...doh!". "Journalists" have a habit of trolling this site, and might pick up the thread title and mention it somewhere as if a car left someone stranded in the rain because the door handles didn't work. We shouldn't have to be worried about that kind of silliness...but unfortunately that's the reality right now.

Funny story, but I'm glad the thread title was changed (by a mod?) to add "Wrong car...doh!". "Journalists" have a habit of trolling this site, and might pick up the thread title and mention it somewhere as if a car left someone stranded in the rain because the door handles didn't work. We shouldn't have to be worried about that kind of silliness...but unfortunately that's the reality right now.

That was me, I normally leave a note but ran out of time this morning. The story is very funny, but hey we now know that the Signature red color really has a value after all. :wink:

My wife said she did something similar today. Parked her sig red at a book store in Kirkland; after shopping she came out to rain. She saw a sig red car and ran towards it...but realized she hadn't parked there. She looked at the plate to verify it wasn't hers.

She got in her car and went to exit the parking lot...and another sig red drove by on the main road.