Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coated 20" Factory Wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 1,038
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 967
Reactions: ssq
Awesome, does look nice! Any close up shots? What color is that? I think I saw you mentioned raceway gray somewhere - is that a standard palette color?
I decided to go with Slate Gray. I liked it's richness against the Midnight Silver better than Speedway Gray. It's a standard color.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    574 KB · Views: 956
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 922
I decided to go with Slate Gray. I liked it's richness against the Midnight Silver better than Speedway Gray. It's a standard color.

Beautiful! I wonder how these would look on a black X. I don't want to murder my X out and looking for a possible different contrast than stock. I love the color combo of stock colored wheels and black but like a more subtle uniqueness to it. Very good choice Zroiron.

Reactions: Zroiron
I'm definitely going to be powder coating my wheels matte black! Local shop in OC quoted me $300 for the set. They repaired my OEM Audi wheels to brand new condition since it was curbed and rashed.

That's an insanely good price for powder coating 4 wheels. Can you let me know where you are getting it done as I am sure more will be interested. Maybe an even better deal.

I dropped of the car today to a shop for powder coating, they charge reasonable price for the wheels, and asks $3 per wheel nut and $5 per center piece. Although it is only $80 more to do all, the business owner is honest enough to warn me that because those are plastic parts, the paint might come off quickly. I said the don't do it, but I know it definitely will look better if everything is black...

@indy360 , I noticed you have a picture of the wheels where the nuts and center piece are silver, and pictures of them being all black, could you please kindly share your method of blackening those small parts? Thanks in advance.

I dropped of the car today to a shop for powder coating, they charge reasonable price for the wheels, and asks $3 per wheel nut and $5 per center piece. Although it is only $80 more to do all, the business owner is honest enough to warn me that because those are plastic parts, the paint might come off quickly. I said the don't do it, but I know it definitely will look better if everything is black...

@indy360 , I noticed you have a picture of the wheels where the nuts and center piece are silver, and pictures of them being all black, could you please kindly share your method of blackening those small parts? Thanks in advance.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Did not notice the question. To be honest the shop did everything and I actually don't know how they did it. I did not receive any warnings of durability issues however. I have not washed the car since it was done but it's holding up well FWIW.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Did not notice the question. To be honest the shop did everything and I actually don't know how they did it. I did not receive any warnings of durability issues however. I have not washed the car since it was done but it's holding up well FWIW.

No problem, I actually found out Tesla sells the carter cap and nut covers, at incrediblely low price. They are $5 /ea and $1 /ea, yes you read me right, one dollar! This is probably the cheapest thing sold by Tesla, ever.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 877