Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coated 20" Factory Wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exoticar in Westwood,Ca also did mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4820.JPG
    IMG_4820.JPG
    430.1 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_4821.JPG
    IMG_4821.JPG
    433.5 KB · Views: 820
Hi everyone,

This is my first post as I'm a new member to TMC. I've been reading all the conversations and I can feel all the enthusiasm ( some critical ) and excitement for all things Tesla.

I'm still waiting on my MX delivery but I found this thread and wanted to ask the group if there is a place you would recommend in the bay area that does a great job powder coating rims. Ideally, it'd be great if they had experience with Tesla. I'm also curious if there was a place besides Exoticar in LA. I'm looking for a shop that can do it with a one day turnaround.

Any advice or suggestion would be great.

Thanks!

I'm also curious about powder coaters in the Bay Area without a lot of downtime. I dipped the wheels with a matte black that I like, but I want to go to powder coated now that I am sure I like the look. Mine are less shiny than @cclemon8 's, but that should be achievable with the right powder.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post as I'm a new member to TMC. I've been reading all the conversations and I can feel all the enthusiasm ( some critical ) and excitement for all things Tesla.

I'm still waiting on my MX delivery but I found this thread and wanted to ask the group if there is a place you would recommend in the bay area that does a great job powder coating rims. Ideally, it'd be great if they had experience with Tesla. I'm also curious if there was a place besides Exoticar in LA. I'm looking for a shop that can do it with a one day turnaround.

Any advice or suggestion would be great.

Thanks!

Reaching out to my tesla family for suggestions on where can I get my wheels powder coated in maryland/DC area. Any suggestions or tips on how to get them done?lessons learned from your experience that I should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your help

I know some people have been interested in powder coating the factory wheels. Just had mine done in satin black. Turned out pretty well I think. I always thought that the silver factory 20" wheels look very small compared to the car. Turning them black I think tricks your eyes into seeing them as bigger wheels.
How did they powder coat the chrome plated plastic lug nut covers?

I know some people have been interested in powder coating the factory wheels. Just had mine done in satin black. Turned out pretty well I think. I always thought that the silver factory 20" wheels look very small compared to the car. Turning them black I think tricks your eyes into seeing them as bigger wheels.
Thanks so much for posting these. I have been on the fence about powder coating. After seeing your photos I'm defenetly doing it.

Did they powder coat the lug nuts and wheel caps too?