Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder coated wheels - maintenance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I powder coated my M3 wheels this past week and was curious to see if any of you had first hand experience with products that you would recommend for care and maintenance of powder coated wheels. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. The shop recommended applying Turtle Wax but I imagine there are better products out there. My apologies if this has been discussed in previous threads.

IMG_4627.JPG

I powder coated my M3 wheels this past week and was curious to see if any of you had first hand experience with products that you would recommend for care and maintenance of powder coated wheels. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. The shop recommended applying Turtle Wax but I imagine there are better products out there. My apologies if this has been discussed in previous threads.

View attachment 301831

@sdfan,

Looks Amazing! Very close to the Model Xs “Onyx Black” which is what I’m looking at doing. I’d be interested in what paint code your shop used or the name/spec of the finish? Looks like a matte or semi black? I’m assuming they powdercoated the calipers as well or just paint bake?

Ski

View attachment 301831

Looks beautiful. What kind of finish is that?

Thanks for your responses.

@Skione65/warrior15r - Skione65 I'll send you a PM with the details. You are correct it is a satin finish which was described to me as "20% gloss." He mentioned the center lug nut cap/cover is 40% gloss. The calipers were painted then ceramic coated with temp resistant decals applied from eBay. They were painted on the car while the wheels were being worked on.

@itskv - thats is a great idea.... never thought of ceramic coating but that's not a bad option. I may just wax/polish them every few weeks.