Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coated Wheels: Wet Black or Gunmetal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cnasty

Jun 20, 2016
Dallas
I have been trying to find a consolidated thread with wheels only related to the Model 3 of those who have had them powder coated but figured I would make it more concentrated to the choices I am considering.

I have always wanted black for my Sport 19s but after seeing some gunmetal pictures I am torn now.

Anyone have either and provide some pics or feedback on why those chose one over the other?

Thanks all!

F609A66E-0DD6-4481-A31C-C3412CDFCD37.jpeg
022FE362-710C-4243-A55A-DC41C3A1F6B5.jpeg
Just got it done last week. Tint, chrome delete, gloss black powder coated wheels, gloss black emblems.

Man that looks sleeeeeeek!

I am leaning a glossy dark gunmetal to give the black a bit of contrast but yours makes me want the gloss black now haha

Thanks! That was the exact same dilemma that I was going through. I REALLY liked the contrast with the gunmetal, but I liked how all the gloss black tied into everything, including the CF console and dash.

Thanks! That was the exact same dilemma that I was going through. I REALLY liked the contrast with the gunmetal, but I liked how all the gloss black tied into everything, including the CF console and dash.

See I have the white interior and love the blacked out chrome but wanted to add a bit of contrast with the gloss gunmetal.

As quoted $650 for that look due to a clear coat. Not too bad.

Considering booking in the next couple weeks.

View attachment 396648 I did my white in the Tesla turbine grey satin. I was going to do a chrome delete but read that they sometimes don’t last for more than a few years and figured I would just buy the 3m door handle cover and the logo covers as well in black matte.

That looks so good as well! I officially made my appointment. I have narrowed it down to 3:

• Black chrome which almost is a dark dark gray with gloss
  • Wet black, just a nice glossy black look
  • Denim black which is like a matte black but with some gloss in it, like 20%
I keep looking at the S with the gray turbines and think the gray/black combo will look nice.

I think you should ro sham beaux :D

A few things I would consider and this is just my opinion. I think that the dark grey without any other silver on the car looks like dirty wheels. If you are going to black out the car, I would black out the tires too. My vote is the matte. I think it compliments the white.

I think you should ro sham beaux :D

A few things I would consider and this is just my opinion. I think that the dark grey without any other silver on the car looks like dirty wheels. If you are going to black out the car, I would black out the tires too. My vote is the matte. I think it compliments the white.

If I go the Tesla Carbon Turbine color I think I will leave the chrome and not black that out as I think the classic look of the 21s on the S look amazing in that Turbine gray with black combo like below. This is what I am going for more. I dont think I want to "murder it out" which looks fantastic but i've done that in the past and want to try something new.

00N0N_3FF8SUtwv4q_600x450.jpg

Used-2013-Tesla-Model-S-Performance--***-P85-***.jpg

Reactions: follow.johnny