Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coating Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to powder coat my brake calipers and was wondering how you guys go about doing it.

I figured I'll take my Model 3 to my mechanic to remove the calipers, bleed the brakes, etc. Then I'll sent the calipers to a powder coat shop.

Does anyone have alternatives to this very long process?

I used Ron at Custom Calipers and Wheel Repair highly enough. I was referred to him by a friend who had his MS done as well as his wife's Porsche Macan. When I checked them out the calipers were still in like new condition even though they were already three years old. That alone convinced me to give Ron a try. As I relayed my many questions and concerns to Ron via text, not once did he seem impatient or annoyed. He came to my home about a week after I spoke with him, showed up on time, and got to work.

Ron is a consummate professional. He is extremely meticulous and methodical and he works very cleanly. Everything is covered with the utmost care. My husband in particular was concerned about overspray in our garage (he is a mobile service) and that turned out to be a non-issue. He masks the entire car with painter's plastic and uses a tape that is safe for the car paint. He knew exactly how to jack the car up and there was no risk with brake bleed whatsoever. There were things along the way that he explained he had to do that I didn't even realize needed to be done when jacking up a Model 3 but he knew. If anything, he put everything back better than it was when I picked it up from the delivery center. I was so impressed with his work that I literally could not find any flaws. Best of all, his technique and mobile service allow you to be able to drive the car immediately after he is finished. Lifetime warranty.

Custom Calipers & Wheel Repair | Custom Calipers and Wheel Repair

IMG_7047.JPG IMG_7048.JPG IMG_7053.JPG IMG_7065.JPGIMG_7077.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7068.JPG
    IMG_7068.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 816
I used Ron at Custom Calipers and Wheel Repair highly enough. I was referred to him by a friend who had his MS done as well as his wife's Porsche Macan. When I checked them out the calipers were still in like new condition even though they were already three years old. That alone convinced me to give Ron a try. As I relayed my many questions and concerns to Ron via text, not once did he seem impatient or annoyed. He came to my home about a week after I spoke with him, showed up on time, and got to work.

Ron is a consummate professional. He is extremely meticulous and methodical and he works very cleanly. Everything is covered with the utmost care. My husband in particular was concerned about overspray in our garage (he is a mobile service) and that turned out to be a non-issue. He masks the entire car with painter's plastic and uses a tape that is safe for the car paint. He knew exactly how to jack the car up and there was no risk with brake bleed whatsoever. There were things along the way that he explained he had to do that I didn't even realize needed to be done when jacking up a Model 3 but he knew. If anything, he put everything back better than it was when I picked it up from the delivery center. I was so impressed with his work that I literally could not find any flaws. Best of all, his technique and mobile service allow you to be able to drive the car immediately after he is finished. Lifetime warranty.

Custom Calipers & Wheel Repair | Custom Calipers and Wheel Repair

View attachment 318618 View attachment 318619 View attachment 318620 View attachment 318621View attachment 318623

Out of curiousity, how much did he charge you?

The easiest and least expensive way would be to get caliper covers. Up close and under scrutiny they can look a little cheesy but you have to really study them. Added befit is the standard calipers are a little small and the covers make them look larger.

They have Tesla too.
MGP Caliper Covers | Officially Licensed by Ford, GM, Mopar & More!

IMG_3252.jpg
IMG_3837.jpg

Here is a close up.

IMG_4477.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911