Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder coating denver - need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm psyched to say that i'm picking up my model S on Tuesday!

I went with the 19" slipstream silver wheels but i'd like to paint them darker. I've reached out to several companies in Denver who seem like they can do a good job.

The caveat I'm running into is that it will take 5-15 days. I need to bring the wheels in. They won't store the car. It seems as if the best solution for me is to find some used wheels, bring it to a tire place have them take off my new wheels, put the used ones on, get the work done and then back to the tire shop to get my new powder coated wheels back on.

Does anyone in the Denver area know of a powder coat shop that might take my wheels off and give me loaner wheels while they're doing the work?

I have found a pair of reasonably priced 19" 2013 tesla wheels on craigslist ($850, including winter tires). I assume they will fit on to my 2017 tesla without a problem. I may look to purchase those and then sell them after i'm done with them. It may be a bit of a hassle but i'm not sure if there are better options.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a hard time imagining that you'll find a powder coat shop that will give you a loaner vehicle... owning, insuring, and maintaining those vehicles isn't cheap and I don't think they have enough profit margin to pay for that.

However, I would think that you could rent a car for a couple of days for $20 or $30 a day. Might be cheaper and easier than buying and selling used wheels. If you do that, look for a location that's not at the airport because the airport taxes and tend to be pretty high to catch travelers that don't have an option of going to a non airport location.

I have a hard time imagining that you'll find a powder coat shop that will give you a loaner vehicle... owning, insuring, and maintaining those vehicles isn't cheap and I don't think they have enough profit margin to pay for that.

However, I would think that you could rent a car for a couple of days for $20 or $30 a day. Might be cheaper and easier than buying and selling used wheels. If you do that, look for a location that's not at the airport because the airport taxes and tend to be pretty high to catch travelers that don't have an option of going to a non airport location.

i'm not looking to rent a car, just the wheels :)

i have a third vehicle. One of the problems, is what do i do with my tesla once a tire shop takes the wheels off?

Give Steve Olech at Colorado detail a call. I think he'll have a good solution for you. Top notch guy.

Tell him Heath sent you.

...TMC comes through! I just spoke with Steve. Seems like a really good dude. All i would have to do is drop there car off and pick it up 7-10 days later. He can also do my tinting and a few other detail items i was looking at. I did mention your name, Health. Thanks for the recommendation!!!