Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coating Gemini

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pro: Qualify
Cons: cost, because the shop has to take off your tires and put them back on, they will add $300 on top of powder coating. You might end up paying over 1k, half the cost of 4 new aftermarket wheels which look better than Gemini.

I went for regular paint, the finish is the same, but a little bit less quality. I paid $300

Looking to powder coat the Gemini rims locally and was told 150/rim. Has anyone done it and any pros and cons.

I thought about going the same route but elected not to... Reason was because I thought powder coating would add some additional weight on the wheels. Plus after taking off the aero covers, you will likely lose range anyways. So I just decided to get some aftermarket black wheels instead. The cost should not be that much more, if I decide to sell my Gemini wheels.

Looking to powder coat the Gemini rims locally and was told 150/rim. Has anyone done it and any pros and cons.

Going rate here in SoCal is $400, powder coated - rebalanced - mounted to car. No other extra cost.

Powder-coating adds negligible weight to the wheel, as mentioned above.

7FA1BBCD-58F6-45EB-830A-D373C57D3D7C.jpeg

I'm getting mine done sometime before spring. Local powdercoater here charges about $100 a wheel. I work at a garage so I will mount and balance myself, but we usually charge around $25 a tire to mount and balance. We actually work with the powdercoater too and have left cars on spare lifts or jackstands for a few days while their wheels got done.

Reactions: RoBoRaT