Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder coating OEM 19" Slipstreams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting in powder coating my stock 19" slipstream silver wheels to satin black.

Anyone know if this would void the warranty or if Tesla would have issues servicing the vehicle? I know with aftermarket spoilers, Tesla refuses (or at least, the SC here in the Bay Area) to service any issues that require access to wheels since it's not there own.

Let me know. Thanks!

We've powdercoated countless Tesla wheels Satin Black and a variety of colors, only ran into one issue with a situation with a frankly shady Tesla service center out of the area that tried to claim "powdercoating wheels added weight and caused a Model S brake rotors to warp". After a call to Tesla they said the vehicle's brakes were obviously defective from factory and were replaced under warranty.

We've powdercoated countless Tesla wheels Satin Black and a variety of colors, only ran into one issue with a situation with a frankly shady Tesla service center out of the area that tried to claim "powdercoating wheels added weight and caused a Model S brake rotors to warp". After a call to Tesla they said the vehicle's brakes were obviously defective from factory and were replaced under warranty.

Thanks! Getting my stock powder coated tomorrow to satin black. Can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: EliteFinish