Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder coating wheels in SF bay area - any recommended shop?

SSA007

Dec 24, 2017
Orinda, CA
I am looking to get my silver wheels powder coated grey. Curious if there are shops others have used in the San Francisco Bay Area and would recommend. Would be great to know the price you paid as well. Thanks

yakking

Oct 29, 2017
SF Bay Area
I'm very interested in this as well. I have the stock 20" wheels (with a couple curb rashes when I was first learning the width of the car) and want them repaired and powder coated black or grey. I emailed a couple shops that have great Yelp reviews and got these quotes:

SS Customs in Redwood City:
$195 per wheel powder coat
$285 dismount, remount, balance and install

West Coast Wheel Repair in Fremont:
$150 per wheel, 24 hour turnaround
However, he was not responsive to subsequent emails about dismount, remount, balance, etc. I know it's easier and cheaper to just give shops the wheels without Tues, but I can't do that.

So that's where I am right now.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC