Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powdercoated my 20s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8E7E9B92-3092-4D40-A536-FF03D8C15235.jpeg
Fade to black...
6C97B017-A20C-4FE3-A332-25C7F02BC0CF.jpeg

I really don't get this black wheel fad. You took some nice looking wheels and made them look dirty, or absent looking. There is no more contrast between the tire and the wheel and all the nice geometric lines on the wheels are now gone. It looks like you parked your car in a bad neighborhood and had your wheels stolen and put on blocks. Can someone please explain why this is supposed to look good or is this just the cool thing to do even though it looks atrocious?

I really don't get this black wheel fad. You took some nice looking wheels and made them look dirty, or absent looking. There is no more contrast between the tire and the wheel and all the nice geometric lines on the wheels are now gone. It looks like you parked your car in a bad neighborhood and had your wheels stolen and put on blocks. Can someone please explain why this is supposed to look good or is this just the cool thing to do even though it looks atrocious?

Well, everyone is unique. I know OP is not alone on this.

However, I agree with you. I love the chrome of Teslas and the shiny silver of the wheel. I am not into the dark contrast of the wheel to the light colors of the car.

Powder black is definitely 'in'... That being said, the look looks similar on high end and low end wheels. In this case, the wheels are very well designed from asthetic perspective - they are stunning... And that characteristic was removed by the black powder look.

Reactions: P85_DA
Funny. Tesla has options for black turbines, graphite arachnids etc. so by your opinion they must be atrocious designers?

Never understood why that's an issue for some people tbh.
It's just a mass produced car. It's not exactly a house or something like that;)

But I guess as someone who doesn't even wash his car I'm a minority here: D

One mans method of getting from point A to B can be another mans

War chariot painted in the colors of his bannerman.

Ready to ride off to war one stoplight at a time against the Bavarian barbarians.

• Love
Reactions: eyespii