TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Powdercoating Slipstreams...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dakine1, Jun 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dakine1

dakine1 Member

Has anyone here done it? Would love to see how they turned out if so.....Supposed ti get mine done next week as I really want the color of the grey turbines but want to maintain my smooth ride

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

The samples I have seen are beauties. Just make sure that they are well experienced.

3. Langhorne

Langhorne Member

I too am considering this. Please post before/after pictures when when you get it done. Thanks!

4. ghouston87

ghouston87 Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing them to as I want to get it on mine. My only concern is the hub caps would be a lighter color wouldn't it?

5. zackmilo

zackmilo 2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

I did my 20'' slipstreams and they look great. @Tech_Guy did his 19'' slipstreams. Here is mine:

Attached Files:

6. RYCO

RYCO Member

I did mine. I called a few places and got pricing and looked at reviews and called them with more questions. I ended up going with Kyle at [email protected] 602.653.3935. They look great. He did my whole black out. I'll try to get pictures taken and uploaded.

7. RYCO

RYCO Member

8. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

9. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Plastidip is easy to apply, looks good, and removable. Was about $6/can at Home Depot and you may need 3-4 cans to do 4 full wheels.

I plasti-dipped the inside lip on my slipstreams and wasn't happy with the look so I peeled it off. If your doing the entire rim there will be less masking (just the valve stems) so a much easier DIY job.

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0301.JPG

10. dragoljub

dragoljub Member

Very nice illusion. Looks like 21s drives softer.