Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power braking assist reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some good news - less than 24 hours of having my car, the service centre called me to say it was ready for collection.

The iBoost was to blame and was replaced:

Replaced Ibooster
Correction: Electromechanical Brake Booster Assembly (Remove &
Replace) (Add Brake Fluid 1060099-00A if Needed)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
BRAKE FLUID DOW SERVICE 1 QT(1060099-00-A) 1.0
BRAKE BOOSTER AND MASTER CYL ASSY RHD
(1044672-00-D)

Lucky that the part was in stock! Also this is consistent with the other threads linked and mentioned.

Overall a good first experience with Tesla service, but I hope others don't suffer from the iBoost this winter.

Reactions: MrBadger
Some good news - less than 24 hours of having my car, the service centre called me to say it was ready for collection.

The iBoost was to blame and was replaced:

Replaced Ibooster
Correction: Electromechanical Brake Booster Assembly (Remove &
Replace) (Add Brake Fluid 1060099-00A if Needed)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
BRAKE FLUID DOW SERVICE 1 QT(1060099-00-A) 1.0
BRAKE BOOSTER AND MASTER CYL ASSY RHD
(1044672-00-D)

Lucky that the part was in stock! Also this is consistent with the other threads linked and mentioned.

Overall a good first experience with Tesla service, but I hope others don't suffer from the iBoost this winter.

I got the exact problem with my Model 3. To make it worse, I didn't warm up the battery so the regen is zero. I had to pressed the brake pedal really hard. It was very scary. I can't imagine what would happen if my wife was driving.

Now my Tesla model 3 is at SC waiting for parts.

So what on earth caused the problem? Water ingress? Quality issue with ibooster? I really want to know that to make me feel a little bit that they can fix it once for all.

FWIW, this exact same failure happened to me as well, on a brand new 2021 Model Y LR with less than 250 miles (delivered Mar 31). I am at California so there was no snow or rain; temperature was around 15C.

Car is currently at service center waiting for the replacement iBoost.

I've posted my experience here: Brake booster failure on brand new Model Y

It seems the iBoost failure on Teslas is more prevalent than it should be? It's a little concerning..