Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power cable tidy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently had my charge pod moved from the outside of my garage to the same spot inside, for security when I'm away for a few days and the car is at home, on charge (the short adapter piece looks easily nickable and there's nothing "locking" it to the cable or to the charge pod, and having to replace it would be annoying).

The downside is that the car end of the cable now lies untidily outside on the ground when unplugged, as I CBA to open the garage door to pop it inside every time I want to use the car.

Has anyone found a neat solution to coil the cable on the wall, or something? I know I can put up something like a garden hose holder, but just wondered if anyone had come up with a better, nicer looking solution? Or is there a dedicated holder?

I am about to do the same. Get a charger installed inside the garage to use outside. A friend with an engineering company is going to make me a powder coated charge cable cabinet to house the cable on the outside of the house. ill post a picture when I get it but won't be for a couple of weeks. I wonder now if there is a market for it beyond just me? . Some of the chargers are so ugly maybe also for cabinets to house the whole charger + cable maybe?

Reactions: m3p_uk
The Andersen charger has that design. However, I don't mind my charger looking like an electrical device .. my Zappi has coloured lights when in use! (I'm easily entertained.)
Anderson is great, I really like it, but it's too wide for the space where a wanted the charger, a brick pillar between the garage and a window only 34cm wide.. So the charger is going in the garage and the cable can go on the pillar in a 34cm wide box.
Anderson is also double the price I'm paying as well.