Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power coating shop in SoCal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my wheels powder coated and calipers painted at Cal Chrome Home - Calchrome.com | California Chrome Wheel | Wheels and Tires

Northern end of So Cal but think their work is top notch. Got to see it while they had it masked off for painting the calipers. Was impressed with the prep work.

A9C9F878-E8D3-44AD-AEE5-90E848F3BE5A.jpeg 5AEBEC42-19D2-4237-9231-26C290DBA410.jpeg 80B6F232-284F-49B7-BE6D-499E83B9FC07.jpeg 063AB47C-CFE3-450F-BDAA-B16BC8521E39.jpeg

I *think* it was around $1,800 for everything. May want to give them a call though, the prices vary based on a few factors. The color I chose was a Base Coat Top Coat color so it had more steps and cost more, also opted to have the center caps custom painted/clear coated (with the red T) at a cost of $50 per cap which I believe is part of that price. Was using stickers before and they tended to peel so although pricey I really like the custom paint.

Reactions: mnml
If you're willing to head out to East San Diego: American Factory Wheels does awesome work... about $100-150 per wheel. gave loaner wheels and tires while they did the work (included fixing a bent rim and refinishing any other prior damage)

I've been going to Son Tran at Onsite Wheels for years now. He's also located in Garden Grove and it's not just the quality of his work, but his attitude and demeanor. Really laid back guy that's very easy and pleasant to deal with. Amazing at wheel repair and color changes. This isn't a business to business plug. We have our own wheel guy that's closer to us for our shop work but personally I'll always send my wheels to Son. He has a lot of experience with HRE's, BBS's, Volks/Rays, you name it. I believe Mackin Industries and a few other larger businesses prefer using him, as well.