TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Power Company incentives

Discussion in 'North America' started by PattyChuck, May 4, 2012.

1. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

I live in Indiana, and I've always thought that we were a bit slow to adapt to "new things" (I imagine we'll be one of the last states to get a Tesla Store). Luckily, I live very close to Chicago, and the Oak Brook Tesla store is only 65 miles away.

Imagine my surprise when I was having a conversation with a coworker about the Tesla and he asked if I was going to get the incentive offered by our power company (NIPSCO). Apparently, not only do they offer a reimbursement of up to $1,650 of the cost of installing a Level 2 charging station, but they also allow you to charge your vehicle between the hours of 10pm and 6am completely free. The program runs from now until January 15th, 2015. Unfortunately, they are only offering this to the first 250 customers who apply for the program. I can apply now, but I'll have to have the car within 60 days. I'm P# 6,703, so I'm guessing I won't see a new car until at least March of 2013. Bummer!

Nonetheless, this made me curious to know if anyone else's power company offered incentives?

2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Florida Power & Light is not offering anything at this time but they are studying the affects of EV on the grid. Hopefully this stance will change.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Do you have to have the car or just install the Model S charger? Maybe you could install a HPC and that would count.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

[Mod note: Thread moved from the Model S forum.]

5. PattyChuck

PattyChuck P6703 VIN4080

You have to supply the power company with a VIN.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

7. MarkR

MarkR Member

It isn't at all the same thing, but Arizona Public Service is experimenting with an inexpensive evening and night charging rate for EVs. It's a time-limited program and there is no certainty that it will last beyond 2013.