Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Consumption and Milage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I've noticed that Angel (my Model X, 75D) "wakes up" as I walk around in the house near the door leading to the garage. I can tell because the DRLs are turned on and from the sound of it, it's pumping up the suspension (it parks in "high" mode). I can't help but think this wastes power. Is there a way to get it to relax and while it's in the garage to not get excited until I get a lot closer (close enough to touch the car)?

I also charge to 85% (as recommended) and the range shows just over 200 miles, but the graph showing power consumption (which is hovering around 340) shows less than half that at 96 miles. Which is right? I read the threads on other's power consumption and mine seems to be pretty typical.

I have no idea about the first part. May be you can try setting Energy Saving on.

The 200 miles range is calculated by EPA method and will be always the same or less if you charged to 85%.
That 96 miles is predicted according to the recent consumption (340) or last consumption depending which one you've chosen.
These two may be all wrong because no one/no car will know how and where you are going to consume the 85%.

I've noticed that Angel (my Model X, 75D) "wakes up" as I walk around in the house near the door leading to the garage. I can tell because the DRLs are turned on and from the sound of it, it's pumping up the suspension (it parks in "high" mode). I can't help but think this wastes power. Is there a way to get it to relax and while it's in the garage to not get excited until I get a lot closer (close enough to touch the car)?

I also charge to 85% (as recommended) and the range shows just over 200 miles, but the graph showing power consumption (which is hovering around 340) shows less than half that at 96 miles. Which is right? I read the threads on other's power consumption and mine seems to be pretty typical.

The car wakes up when your bring the keyfob to about 5 to 7 feet away from the car. So just don't take your keyfob with you when you move around the door to the garage?

I think you were looking the "instant" projected range when you see 96 miles. You need to look at your "average" projected range. Your average is 340 Wh/mile (mine is 350), I think your real range at 85% would be like 185 to 190 miles on average. You have a 75D MX right?