Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power delivery change on last update - higher battery power showing in logs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
After the update last friday, my car (and apparently a few others on here) seemed to feel a bit faster/butt dyno. The biggest change I noticed, was when the car was at lower SOC, it seemed to have picked up a substantial amount of power. Previously, I have kept data logs on SOC launches, 0-90mph ish, in 10% increments. Last night I logged a run at 40%, and parsed it with my previous 40% log. It is showing the battery at a higher voltage/amp now, than it was. The rear motor is showing just a tad less output, and the front motor is showing a little more output.

Any of the gurus think there could have been a modification in power delivery, prioritizing the front a little more, and opening up the battery just a bit more? Not sure how it could be a fluke on the recording, since multiple systems are showing changes.

both log files were conducted exactly at 40%, there was no variation in SOC.

battery logs.PNG
front logs.PNG
rear logs.PNG

@GZDongles @ElectroFish - tagging from previous discussion

What software version are you talking about?

is this the performance version, AWD, or AWD+?

a few more details would be helpful to understand.

stealth performance, 2020.24.6.4

Also seen a significant jump in range on teslafi. Was down to 284mi the lowest 2 weeks ago, it shot up to 295mi after the update, and has leveled off right at 290mi now.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.54.55 PM.png

@Sam1 If I'm reading your charts correctly, the R and F old torque is higher than new torque. In the second chart, the red line (F torque old) sits above the blue line (F torque new) as it curves downward and in the third chart, the green line (R torque old) sits above the orange-yellow line (R torque new). In the 3rd chart you also have "R Power Old" as a pink line but there is no pink line to be found - only a red line in the chart - which is what I'm guessing it's meant to represent.

Am I mis-reading this?

@Sam1 If I'm reading your charts correctly, the R and F old torque is higher than new torque. In the second chart, the red line (F torque old) sits above the blue line (F torque new) as it curves downward and in the third chart, the green line (R torque old) sits above the orange-yellow line (R torque new). In the 3rd chart you also have "R Power Old" as a pink line but there is no pink line to be found - only a red line in the chart - which is what I'm guessing it's meant to represent.

Am I mis-reading this?

good catch on that, looks like I mislabeled the new and old front torque <just verified on the logs>. The front kw is correct, and the rear torque and kw is correct. I made the charts pre-coffee in the morning that day :D