Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Drain (continued)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has probably been discussed a lot before, but I’m new to the club so wanted a clean start!

I left my Model 3 with an off-airport parking service for 10 days. It was driven away with 202 miles range and returned with just 60 miles. It had only been driven 16 miles to and from the car park. I’ve read that Sentry mode uses as much as 250W - really? So in the 10 days that would amount to 60kWh. Is this correct?

This has probably been discussed a lot before, but I’m new to the club so wanted a clean start!

I left my Model 3 with an off-airport parking service for 10 days. It was driven away with 202 miles range and returned with just 60 miles. It had only been driven 16 miles to and from the car park. I’ve read that Sentry mode uses as much as 250W - really? So in the 10 days that would amount to 60kWh. Is this correct?
There are LOTS of threads you can read in these forums that discuss vampire drain and how to avoid it, recommend you check those out. But yes, Sentry Mode (and a few other settings) will cause the car to use much more power while parked.