Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power folding mirrors on the X.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

madodel

X at the end of a rainbow
Supporting Member
I asked my DS about the X's width and he pointed out that the 89.4" is with the mirrors extended and only 78.7in wide with the mirrors removed. My Highlander was 75.8" not including the mirrors but the mirrors weren't all that big. In my 2 car garage with my wife's Lexus there is only about a foot between the two cars so not much room to open doors if one or the other car wasn't all the way over on its own side. Then he mentioned that the X has power folding mirrors. Have any of the existing X owners used this feature yet? How does it work? I'm going to need to fold the mirrors to get the X into my garage. Is it just a matter of pushing a button on the touch screen or dash? Can it be programmed to automatically fold at a specific location like the air suspension? Folding at least the driver side mirror will make it a little easier to pull into the garage as far over on my own side as possible.

There is a button on the driver's door armrest, right next to the mirror adjustment buttons (I'm traveling or I'd take a photo) that you can press to fold the mirrors.

Someone else will need to confirm automatically folding based on geo location. Since I knew I'd be selling the vehicle, I didn't set some of the things I normally would. I vaguely remember that you could, but I am not 100% sure of that.

Reactions: RxShah
There is a button on the driver's door armrest, right next to the mirror adjustment buttons (I'm traveling or I'd take a photo) that you can press to fold the mirrors.

Someone else will need to confirm automatically folding based on geo location. Since I knew I'd be selling the vehicle, I didn't set some of the things I normally would. I vaguely remember that you could, but I am not 100% sure of that.

Thank you Bonnie. The button on the door should be useful. Hopefully the automagic setting is possible because I can see myself forgetting at least occasionally.

Based on location would be interesting .. My iPhone thinks I am home when I am a few hundred feet away. It would be unfortunate for the mirrors to fold in while I was just close to home, or even driving by my house which I do sometimes. It might be more likely that once self parking in the garage is delivered that the mirrors fold in when that feature is activated.

I asked my DS about the X's width and he pointed out that the 89.4" is with the mirrors extended and only 78.7in wide with the mirrors removed. My Highlander was 75.8" not including the mirrors but the mirrors weren't all that big. In my 2 car garage with my wife's Lexus there is only about a foot between the two cars so not much room to open doors if one or the other car wasn't all the way over on its own side. Then he mentioned that the X has power folding mirrors. Have any of the existing X owners used this feature yet? How does it work? I'm going to need to fold the mirrors to get the X into my garage. Is it just a matter of pushing a button on the touch screen or dash? Can it be programmed to automatically fold at a specific location like the air suspension? Folding at least the driver side mirror will make it a little easier to pull into the garage as far over on my own side as possible.
That width with the mirrors folded is incorrect. It is actually 81.6 according to this document...

https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/Model_X_Towing_Instructions_NA.pdf?1512