TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Power Frunk by TeslaOffer

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by hydro 481, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:50 PM.

1. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

Model 3 Electric Frunk – Tesla Offer

Just released. It's from the same company that created the power trunk mod. I saw it on a Teslaraj Video

For people like me who use the frunk more than trunk this is extremely useful. Especially love the soft closing feature. It's such a PITA closing the frunk with one hand. This is definitely near the top of my list of mods.

I see they include an installation option in LA (Los Angeles?) for an additional $150. Gonna reach out to them to get more info.

2. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

3. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

Seems reasonable to me?

4. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

I'm just broke since I just got my car so I bought like $800 worth of accessories off the bat lol

• Funny x 1
  5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Will the frunk lid open all the way up if you accidentally hit the release on the touchscreen or app while the car is in motion? With the factory mechanism, hitting release only opens the first latch, but the second latch prevents the lid from flying open all the way.

6. OutofThyme

OutofThyme Member

Yeah, the original safety latches are still intact with this modification. I've seen a seller on Alibaba sell the Frunk/Trunk for $700 total which isn't bad. Honestly, $500 is not outlandish and is comparable to other options you would add to other cars.

7. Tfunk

Tfunk New Member

I ordered mine earlier today. $500 seems more than fair for teslaoffer figuring out how to do this all and making it easy to integrate. I'll post my thoughts once it arrives/I install it.

• Like x 1
  8. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

I don’t think you can open the front trunk while the car is in motion.

9. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

I wish this included a foot sensor like the trunk.

10. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Supporting Member

The frunk button is NOT operable in drive.

11. SupraDude

SupraDude Member

I don't really need it to open all the way and close all the way for me, I just wish it would pull down into the latch on it's own. Would be cool if they had a cheaper option to do just that part.

Also just saw the soft close doors, coming from a BMW that had them, I definitely miss it. I find you have to slam the 3 doors pretty hard to get them to shut. That might be worth getting, I'm just skeptical of the long term reliability of aftermarket soft closers though.

12. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

Yea the soft close door is interesting. Not sure how useful it would be for me though. I assume most people would instinctively slam the door shut anyways.

13. SupraDude

SupraDude Member

Seems gimmicky but you get used to it quite quickly, my garage is only a one car bay which doesn't have a tremendous amount of room to open and shut the doors, so it's nice being able to just place them closed and the car take care of the rest.

• Like x 1
  14. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I don't like that you can't close it from inside the car. The install looks like a mess if wires. OP, if you get it let us know how the install goes. I wanted the auto close trunk, but the indtall looked like to much stuff.

15. XLR82XS

XLR82XS Member

Definitely a great feature but not worth the money IMO.

16. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Supporting Member

The auto close trunk has many more wires and connections than the auto close frunk.

It appears that the auto close frunk is just a hijacking of the current frunk operations. In other words...it looks like its not following the CAN bus functions of the car. ( like the auto trunk opening option ).

I ordered it....and I'll let you know what I think after I install the frunk auto-close option. I already installed the trunk auto-close option and I will reserve my comment until I work some things out with Teslaoffer.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. Kirby64

Kirby64 Member

This is cool... but at nearly the same price as the trunk seems like a pass for me. I rarely use the Frunk anyways.

18. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

Yea it looks easier, but if I'm going to bother I want it for the trunk as I use the trunk every day.

19. Nuclear Fusion

Nuclear Fusion Active Member

As per Tesla Offer, it can only be opened in Park & while the speed is zero

20. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

So can we use the button on the screen to close the frunk?