Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk by TeslaOffer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Model 3 Electric Frunk – Tesla Offer

Just released. It's from the same company that created the power trunk mod. I saw it on a Teslaraj Video

For people like me who use the frunk more than trunk this is extremely useful. Especially love the soft closing feature. It's such a PITA closing the frunk with one hand. This is definitely near the top of my list of mods.

I see they include an installation option in LA (Los Angeles?) for an additional $150. Gonna reach out to them to get more info.

Will the frunk lid open all the way up if you accidentally hit the release on the touchscreen or app while the car is in motion? With the factory mechanism, hitting release only opens the first latch, but the second latch prevents the lid from flying open all the way.

Will the frunk lid open all the way up if you accidentally hit the release on the touchscreen or app while the car is in motion? With the factory mechanism, hitting release only opens the first latch, but the second latch prevents the lid from flying open all the way.

Yeah, the original safety latches are still intact with this modification. I've seen a seller on Alibaba sell the Frunk/Trunk for $700 total which isn't bad. Honestly, $500 is not outlandish and is comparable to other options you would add to other cars.

Reactions: PauliePucks
I don't really need it to open all the way and close all the way for me, I just wish it would pull down into the latch on it's own. Would be cool if they had a cheaper option to do just that part.

Also just saw the soft close doors, coming from a BMW that had them, I definitely miss it. I find you have to slam the 3 doors pretty hard to get them to shut. That might be worth getting, I'm just skeptical of the long term reliability of aftermarket soft closers though.

I don't really need it to open all the way and close all the way for me, I just wish it would pull down into the latch on it's own. Would be cool if they had a cheaper option to do just that part.

Also just saw the soft close doors, coming from a BMW that had them, I definitely miss it. I find you have to slam the 3 doors pretty hard to get them to shut. That might be worth getting, I'm just skeptical of the long term reliability of aftermarket soft closers though.
Yea the soft close door is interesting. Not sure how useful it would be for me though. I assume most people would instinctively slam the door shut anyways.

Yea the soft close door is interesting. Not sure how useful it would be for me though. I assume most people would instinctively slam the door shut anyways.
Seems gimmicky but you get used to it quite quickly, my garage is only a one car bay which doesn't have a tremendous amount of room to open and shut the doors, so it's nice being able to just place them closed and the car take care of the rest.

Reactions: hydro 481
I don't like that you can't close it from inside the car. The install looks like a mess if wires. OP, if you get it let us know how the install goes. I wanted the auto close trunk, but the indtall looked like to much stuff.

The auto close trunk has many more wires and connections than the auto close frunk.

It appears that the auto close frunk is just a hijacking of the current frunk operations. In other words...it looks like its not following the CAN bus functions of the car. ( like the auto trunk opening option ).

I ordered it....and I'll let you know what I think after I install the frunk auto-close option. I already installed the trunk auto-close option and I will reserve my comment until I work some things out with Teslaoffer.

The auto close trunk has many more wires and connections than the auto close frunk.

It appears that the auto close frunk is just a hijacking of the current frunk operations. In other words...it looks like its not following the CAN bus functions of the car. ( like the auto trunk opening option ).

I ordered it....and I'll let you know what I think after I install the frunk auto-close option. I already installed the trunk auto-close option and I will reserve my comment until I work some things out with Teslaoffer.
Yea it looks easier, but if I'm going to bother I want it for the trunk as I use the trunk every day.