Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk by TeslaOffer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check i1Tesla on YouTube for his trunk video that went up today. He mentions he'll be doing the frunk kit on his X.

EDIT: I should point out this is a different kit from the TeslaOffer/TeslaRaj kit. No CAN bus involved.
Another huge plus is that the i1Tesla one lets you close the trunk from the touchscreen!

I can't wait to see their Frunk version.

I cant imagine how it closes with the screen...without CAN bus.
Sounds like it fools the trunk open/close sensor into thinking the trunk is always closed. So the open button open stays on the screen because the car thinks the trunk is closed (even though it is actually open). Press the button when the trunk is already open and it triggers the trunk to close.

Sounds like it fools the trunk open/close sensor into thinking the trunk is always closed. So the open button open stays on the screen because the car thinks the trunk is closed (even though it is actually open). Press the button when the trunk is already open and it triggers the trunk to close.

Interesting theory.

So that means that you could drive down the street with the trunk open. Hmmmm

AND...you will never see the trunk open on the screen. Hmmmm

I1 Tesla should have mentioned these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftlum
What did you buy? I'm nosey, sorry. I'm already tallying up my potential purchases, including PPF, tint, ceramic. Somehow I have to get this past the wife as well. LOL.
I got ceramic tint for 500. Center console wrap handle wrap 3d maxpider floormats for inside and trunk... matte screen protector. Abstract ocean trunk lights. Center cap wheel kit and paint chip repair(just incase) from tesla. ONR rinseless wash plus chemical guys microfiber. Cable organizer. San disk usb. Seat protector for car seat. Ikon carbon fiber wing. I think that's it lol

@shiftkenny

That's a lot. You didn't do PPV at all? My biggest fear is parking in the mall (Christmas especially) or even at work and someone just swings open the door -- dent city.

I like your other purchases. I have a mental list of things that I want, but I think that I'll hit them (small ones, like wrap, usb etc) with subtle extractions from the paycheck (Office Space style :) ). Nothing exorbitant so that my wife won't ask about this money pit that I'm buying.

Enjoy the car. I'm still waiting. (By the way has someone created the 5 stages of emotional reckoning when buying one of these Musk devices? I swear I'm still in the Denial phase ) :).

@shiftkenny

That's a lot. You didn't do PPV at all? My biggest fear is parking in the mall (Christmas especially) or even at work and someone just swings open the door -- dent city.

I like your other purchases. I have a mental list of things that I want, but I think that I'll hit them (small ones, like wrap, usb etc) with subtle extractions from the paycheck (Office Space style :) ). Nothing exorbitant so that my wife won't ask about this money pit that I'm buying.

Enjoy the car. I'm still waiting. (By the way has someone created the 5 stages of emotional reckoning when buying one of these Musk devices? I swear I'm still in the Denial phase ) :).
Yeah unfortunately I can't afford ppf so I'm just going to let it be and hope for the best.. I have kids so tint was a must. If u need any info on what brands I got for certain things lmk.. I can give u a honest review on everything I got.. example like the handle wrap I got from evwraps I don't like it. At certain angles I see a silver lining which annoys me lol

Brian from i1tesla just posted a video of the power trunk mod. He actually got his kit straight from the manufacturer Hansshow. What I find interesting is he says it’s different from other sellers because you do not have to tap into the CANbus or whatever. Also he could close the trunk using the touchscreen, which I didn’t think was possible? If you use his code you can get the trunk lift for 10% off = $450.

Brian from i1tesla just posted a video of the power trunk mod. He actually got his kit straight from the manufacturer Hansshow. What I find interesting is he says it’s different from other sellers because you do not have to tap into the CANbus or whatever. Also he could close the trunk using the touchscreen, which I didn’t think was possible? If you use his code you can get the trunk lift for 10% off = $450.
Hansshow is the OEM I linked to originally in post #24, for the power frunk.

Reactions: hydro 481
I'm already tallying up my potential purchases, including PPF, tint, ceramic. Somehow I have to get this past the wife as well.
I'm right there with you, brother.

I really haven't bought that much in the way of accessories yet, and the wife has already said "No More!" And she used her "I'm serious" voice, too. :(

Ah well, Christmas is just around the corner.