Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk by TeslaOffer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I noticed. For me, being able to close the trunk remotely is the big selling point of the OEM kit. I'm wondering if you could do the same for the frunk?

Ok...Here is what I learned that may be extremely important to you.

TeslaOffer - The Trunk open and close attaches to the CAN bus to operate the opening and closing of the trunk. Of course you run the risk of Tesla changing CAN bus addressing in a future update. However - Tesla-offer has fantastic support to correct any Tesla update changes.

i1 install - The trunk open and close DOES NOT attach to the CAN bus. This option uses a toggle function. The car can NOT sense if the trunk is open or closed. It ALWAYS assumes closed...and shows that the trunk is ALWAYS closed on the APP and in the CAR. You will NOT be able to see if the trunk is officially closed or opened using the app in a place where you can't see your car.

Question: Do you really need to know the state of your trunk - remotely?

Question: Do you want a simpler installation?

Hmmm......

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
Ok...Here is what I learned that may be extremely important to you.

TeslaOffer - The Trunk open and close attaches to the CAN bus to operate the opening and closing of the trunk. Of course you run the risk of Tesla changing CAN bus addressing in a future update. However - Tesla-offer has fantastic support to correct any Tesla update changes.

i1 install - The trunk open and close DOES NOT attach to the CAN bus. This option uses a toggle function. The car can NOT sense if the trunk is open or closed. It ALWAYS assumes closed...and shows that the trunk is ALWAYS closed on the APP and in the CAR. You will NOT be able to see if the trunk is officially closed or opened using the app in a place where you can't see your car.

Hmmm......
Being able to close the trunk with the screen or app is far more important than knowing whether it’s closed or not. So i1tesla is my preferred choice.

Being able to close the trunk with the screen or app is far more important than knowing whether it’s closed or not. So i1tesla is my preferred choice.

I'm not sure what you mean.

In both situations you can close the trunk from the drivers seat.

I'm in a situation where I really need to know the full status of my car when I'm not there. I need to see that trunk closed and operate EVERTYTHING from my phone.

I suppose "to each his own".

You can't close the trunk with the touchscreen with the other kits.
But you can close it from the driver's seat with the TeslaOffer kit with their button. It's not from the touchscreen though.

I prefer the TeslaOffer approach because I get the convenience of closing the trunk from the driver's seat, while knowing that any time the trunk is not actually closed, the car knows that and can react appropriately.

Hmmm......
In my experience, tapping into the CAN wires was one of the simpler steps of the auto trunk installation. Removing the bumper to place the foot sensor and putting it back on, and passing the wires to the trunk button were much harder tasks for me. Tapping the CAN wires with positaps was very simple.

But you can close it from the driver's seat with the TeslaOffer kit with their button. It's not from the touchscreen though.

I prefer the TeslaOffer approach because I get the convenience of closing the trunk from the driver's seat, while knowing that any time the trunk is not actually closed, the car knows that and can react appropriately.
I've never had a problem remembering to close my trunk so I'm not too worried about that.

I installed both the Trunk and Frunk automatic opening hardware.

If anyone in the Chicagoland or Northwest Indiana needs any help with the install ....I'm willing to help you.

Both i1 Teslas install and TeslaOffers install are just about identical. Same hardware. I installed TeslaOffer.

Reactions: hydro 481
I bought the Hansshow frunk and frunk for $335 each before i1Tesla posted his initial video. I was surprised to see he found it around the same time I did. They had literally just posted the item on alibaba only 2 days before I bought them. I got lucky I guess.

anyways, I installed it myself. Works great. Only gripe is that you can’t close the frunk from the touchscreen. Weird because the model x allows you to as shown in this video at 0:33.

Reactions: KenC
I bought the Hansshow frunk and frunk for $335 each before i1Tesla posted his initial video. I was surprised to see he found it around the same time I did. They had literally just posted the item on alibaba only 2 days before I bought them. I got lucky I guess.

anyways, I installed it myself. Works great. Only gripe is that you can’t close the frunk from the touchscreen. Weird because the model x allows you to as shown in this video at 0:33.

I recall seeing someone’s video showing the frunk closing with the touchscreen. I’ll try to find it.