Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power frunk coming for 2021+ Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bull

Chatting is great, just don't shoot the Bull.
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2020
Tucson, AZ
PSA
I messaged EVOffer (was TeslaOffer) asking if they were developing a power frunk for the new MS and they said it was in testing and will open pre-orders very soon. I had their power frunk in my Raven and loved it. I used the frunk much more after installing it and highly recommend their kit. I'll be ordering the new one as soon as it is available.

Model S Electric Frunk - EVOffer (Tesla Offer)

Its a shame the frunk has shrunk so much since the orignal. I use it all the time on my 2014 Rwd and find it super convient its about the same size as a regular cars trunk. On the Plaid its so small as to be barely useful though.

Reactions: Blue Stuff
with the hassle of opening/closing I almost never use it. The Rivian and Lightning are power, and would get used a lot more. Can't believe Tesla didn't do that w/the new S/X.
It should be power opening from the factory. I don't use mine much because of the hassle opening and closing it. On my previous S it was so easy with the power frunk that I used it all the time. Hopefully they will have special pricing for early orders.

Its a shame the frunk has shrunk so much since the orignal. I use it all the time on my 2014 Rwd and find it super convient its about the same size as a regular cars trunk. On the Plaid its so small as to be barely useful though.
Is the Plaid frunk smaller than the refreshed LR frunk? Is the refreshed LR frunk smaller than the Raven frunk?

I loved the large frunk in my pre-facelift 2016 RWD S85. The one in my 2018 S100D is a lot smaller but still useful.

Is the Plaid frunk smaller than the refreshed LR frunk? Is the refreshed LR frunk smaller than the Raven frunk?

I loved the large frunk in my pre-facelift 2016 RWD S85. The one in my 2018 S100D is a lot smaller but still useful.
The Plaid and the non-Plaid refresh S have the same frunk. I believe it might be a little smaller than the pre-refresh S but not positive. It seems a little smaller. Still a useful size though.

Reactions: cwanja

I loved the large frunk in my pre-facelift 2016 RWD S85. The one in my 2018 S100D is a lot smaller but still useful.T

The Plaid frunk is significantly smaller than on my 2017, So much so that its mostly crossed the line to not being very useful.

Reactions: MrKool
Yeah u can put a small cooler with some drinks in the frunk that’s about it. I never use it.
You definitely can't put a shopping cart full of groceries in it. At 10" deep and 38" x 17" (at widest dimensions) it is definitely smaller than the early frunks but at least for me it is still useful. I put things that I don't want to lose to a smash and grab such as my laptop case, GF purse, or a bottle of good scotch :cool:. It feels much more secure than the trunk.

Reactions: cwanja
I am ordering the new automatic frunk for the refresh S because I found the one I had on my 2021 Raven S was very useful and I used it more than the trunk.

I asked for a discount and was given a code that can be shared here on TMC. Here is the message from EVOffer.com :

Here is the 10% off coupon code you could share on TMC:
22FEB-10TMC-S

The code will be valid until Feb 28 2022 on Model S Electric Frunk (Variant C). If there are members purchased without the code, you can ask them to contact our customer support and we can process them.

The last one took a couple hours and required removal of the frunk tub to gain access to the existing wiring harness. No cuts or splices were needed and it was completely reversible. There was a great video on youtube that showed the step by step. I'm hoping they do the same for the refresh.

The level of support was great on the last install. I had a problem and they figured it out quickly (I plugged into wrong side).

Edit: After posting this I messaged EVOffer:

Does Variant C install like the other variants? No cutting, tapping, or splicing wires? I had Variant B last time and I liked that it was completely reversible if I had to remove it for Tesla service. Thanks

Yes, it will be completely reversible. You don't need to splice any wires

Last edited:
Reactions: mangrove79
I looks like the coupon above gives free shipping in addition to the discount.
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 1.04.44 AM.png

I installed it on my last S. The install was easy, no cutting, splicing, etc. And it worked perfectly. That said? I never used it. Maybe because I had gotten so used to using the trunk for everything, that I just never adapted? Either way, probably wont be doing it on the refresh when it arrives for same reason.

I am ordering the new automatic frunk for the refresh S because I found the one I had on my 2021 Raven S was very useful and I used it more than the trunk.

I asked for a discount and was given a code that can be shared here on TMC. Here is the message from EVOffer.com :

Here is the 10% off coupon code you could share on TMC:
22FEB-10TMC-S

The code will be valid until Feb 28 2022 on Model S Electric Frunk (Variant C). If there are members purchased without the code, you can ask them to contact our customer support and we can process them.
Thanks so much! I ordered before seeing your post and they did in fact refund the discount amount after the fact when I mentioned your code.

Reactions: Bull