Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power frunk coming for 2021+ Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was looking at the EVOffer and their website states that the power wire is not plug n play - wire stripping will be needed on the refresh.
I have not looked closely at the kit that just arrived but the previous version essentially attached to the 12v battery. I'm expecting the new one to do the same.

This is the end of the 21 refresh evo offer power frunk wiring. The B+ is the positive battery and GND is ground. The B+ has a spade connector. You can either add a Y connector like the ground side or splice back to the bare wire and wrap the positive battery terminal. There is no splicing of factory wires. Hope this helps. I just got my kit yesterday.

Attachments

• 20220319_104931.jpg
    20220319_104931.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 87
This is the end of the 21 refresh evo offer power frunk wiring. The B+ is the positive battery and GND is ground. The B+ has a spade connector. You can either add a Y connector like the ground side or splice back to the bare wire and wrap the positive battery terminal. There is no splicing of factory wires. Hope this helps. I just got my kit yesterday.
That is pretty much like the previous version. No splicing of wires then either.

Reactions: Spyderman09
Upon further review. There is this piece. So you connect the y side of this to the positive battery post and then the spade connector of the B+ wire into the white plastic connector. The black square is the fuse. So there is no splicing required at all. Sorry first time looking at the wiring.

Attachments

• 16477018508233230625422182415310.jpg
    16477018508233230625422182415310.jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 57
Having the Y a year prior to the S I agree, frunk in the refresh is way too small to use on a regular basis.

As for EV offer, nothing but good to say about them. Was actually an early adopter for the Y auto frunk. After a few exchanges with them they sorted everything out and now have a rock solid product. May not install it in the S though as the frunk size just kills using it for groceries or other daily stuff. Right now I have a booster pack, charge cord/adapters and a battery operated tire inflator in there which basically never see the light of day.

There are installation instructions for the model s refresh (Mark 5)
Electric Frunk (Variant C MARK 5) - EVOffer Installation Guide

No video yet but expect one soon. It looks like you do have to wrap the wire around a post but no splicing required.
I installed mine today. I didn't strip the wire for power. I put the hook connector flat against the post and put the cap over top of it to hold it in place. The cap locked in place. It seems to be solid, but time will tell.
The frunk closes all the way but then raises back up about 1/4 inch. Still shows and appears shut and locked.
Also, makes a pretty loud pop when it releases to open. I may have to adjust the latch placement, just not sure which way to go. I'll mess with it more tomorrow.
If anyone else has it installed and can see if their frunk raises back up slightly after closing or makes pop noise when releasing, I'd appreciate it.

I installed mine today. I didn't strip the wire for power. I put the hook connector flat against the post and put the cap over top of it to hold it in place. The cap locked in place. It seems to be solid, but time will tell.
The frunk closes all the way but then raises back up about 1/4 inch. Still shows and appears shut and locked.
Also, makes a pretty loud pop when it releases to open. I may have to adjust the latch placement, just not sure which way to go. I'll mess with it more tomorrow.
If anyone else has it installed and can see if their frunk raises back up slightly after closing or makes pop noise when releasing, I'd appreciate it.
Yes exactly the same. That’s normal.

Here’s a video of my install: