Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power frunk coming for 2021+ Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts on the pros/cons of the Yahasun Frunk opener for MSP Versus the EVOffer or Hansshow make? They are in Fremont, CA. and are installing in LA, San Diego, etc.
I was quoted $960 installed with credit card, and $940 Cash/check. 2 hour install on a MSP. YahaSun web: Shop Tesla Upgrades: Power Frunk, Swivel Screen, Foot Sensors, Charging Adapter, and more... Thanks😁
Havent had issue with my bay area hannshow install yet. 750$. have a support services apt next week for unrelated fixes wirh tesl. ill see if they comment lol

Havent had issue with my bay area hannshow install yet. 750$. have a support services apt next week for unrelated fixes wirh tesl. ill see if they comment lol
I'd definitely be curious. I have been hesitant to put some of the extra ties and stuff cause I think about whether service would just cut them, etc. (Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless)

After almost a year I have removed the EVOffer frunk opener from my 2021 MSLR.

1 - Two times while at Tesla service the frunk wouldn't close for them. The service team contacted me and we figured out that pressing the button on the control unit fixed it (to reset?). This was after Tesla had the low voltage battery disconnected to do unrelated work.
2 - On my last visit Tesla service wanted me to sign a form and charge to remove the kit. They wouldn't run their diagnoses for an issue with the air suspension that had cleared on its own.

Reactions: Luisito and TLLMRRJ

1 - Two times while at Tesla service the frunk wouldn't close for them. The service team contacted me and we figured out that pressing the button on the control unit fixed it (to reset?). This was after Tesla had the low voltage battery disconnected to do unrelated work.
2 - On my last visit Tesla service wanted me to sign a form and charge to remove the kit. They wouldn't run their diagnoses for an issue with the air suspension that had cleared on its own.

With the direction the SC's are going, no way am I adding this type of electronics to my MS. I would also love a soft close kit for the doors, but I won't do either one because of the warranty issues. It's not fair, and probably not legal, to deny claims for these add-ons, but most Tesla SC's don't seem to care about fair, and if yours does, it probably won't in the near future.

With the direction the SC's are going, no way am I adding this type of electronics to my MS. I would also love a soft close kit for the doors, but I won't do either one because of the warranty issues. It's not fair, and probably not legal, to deny claims for these add-ons, but most Tesla SC's don't seem to care about fair, and if yours does, it probably won't in the near future.
Worth noting that the SC didn’t deny any claim. They just wouldn’t work on the car with the mods installed.

Totally understand. Sadly it‘s a nice feature when it works correctly. I purchased two of these kits from EvOffer. One for our Model X and the other for the refreshed Model S. On the Model X it works fine, the Model S has issues.

The Model X hood can be manually closed but on the Model S it doesn’t. I’m afraid a Service tech will damage the hood if they manually try to close it. The hood starts to flex to the point you may damage it.

Has anyone tried to close their hood succesfully without damaging (EvOffer or Hanshaw)?

EvOffer is now claiming they have “Thinner Struts” newer design. But when I paid for the newer strut I received the same model from before. I installed it and it had the same issue. I’m now waiting for a newer replacement strut.