Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk Group Buy - MS Refresh LR/Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The control to activate the frunk opening remains the same as it is programmed by Tesla. The power kit doesn't change when the signal can be received, only what happens upon receiving that signal. If you're really concerned, try opening your frunk now while driving.
Thank you. I also received this video from the vendor that explains the same:

Reactions: JLC13
Hi everyone, just confirmed with EVOffer and we have the 20% discount for our group buy (min. 20 kits). My list shows 25+ interested so let's get our orders in on the website. All model years/variants for Model S and Model X will be accepted.

Please use the Coupon code: JUN22-20TMC when you check out. Below is the message from EVOffer:

************************************************************************************************

We have already enabled a coupon code for the group buy. Here is the details: Coupon Code: JUN22-20TMC Valid until: 2022-06-15
Applicable products: Model S Electric Frunk, Model X Electric Frunk (All model years / variants) Minimum requirement for the group buy: 20 kits

If the number of orders is lower than the requested amount, there are 2 options:
1. We can issue a 95% refund (because there is a card processing fee charged by the processor)
2. Customer can pay extra 10% to get the kit

For the customers from Canada, please ask them to send us a message on Telegram and we will try to see how can it be arranged. Thank you!

I’m using it for my daily work drive to hold my laptop bag. Perfect for that. I had this on my 3 and loved it. I used it every day. This is better as it can open and close from inside car. The 3’s frunk kit from Hannshow only opened from inside screen. Not close.
I also have the EVOffer frunk kit on my MS Plaid and use it almost every day for my laptop bag. I never used the frunk until I installed this. Tesla should ship the cars with power frunks.

For those on the fence, I had this on my MS Raven and really missed it on the Plaid. I installed it as soon as it was available.

Reactions: Blue Stuff
Is the install intrusive or require splicing wires? Also, do they have partners for installations? Thanks.
I don't believe so. They have an excellent install video on Youtube (I'm pretty sure it was linked previously in this discussion) that covers everything. The original design did require accessing the 12V battery and adding a wire directly to the + terminal but even in that video they showed the updated version that ties in via the fuse box.

I see you are in Chicagoland so a bit far for me to help you but perhaps there are others in the area who could help out. I'd certainly be willing to provide advice/assistance to anyone near me - central New Jersey - who might be a little hesitant to do this themselves.

Reactions: Rbats
Frunk is an easier install than trunk. I did both on my 3 a couple years ago. I had a friend who’s pretty handy and we both got it figured out with not such amazing videos. This was not the EVOffer one I’m talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.