Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk Group Buy - MS Refresh LR/Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Install is done. Total time start to finish was probably about three hours but actual work time was probably under an hour. I had to stop a couple times to attend to other stuff and also to wait for them to respond to a couple questions. They were excellent to deal with and extremely helpful in answering my questions.

Overall, very easy and straightforward. A couple items that have changed from the video that caused a couple hiccups:
1 - The fuse connector needs to go into the slot they show in the video - before doing the older style connection directly to the 12V - AND the fuse that is in that slot currently has to be added to the tap that they include.
2 - It isn't clear in the video but the connectors to the latch do need to be reconnected.
3 - The colors of the wires you tap into under the panel in the frunk to capture the unlatch signal may not be the same as they mention in the video. Use the two that aren't black and if it doesn't function when you get everything connected, swap the two wires and it will work.

The only real issue I had was entirely my fault and had nothing to do with the kit - I broke the jumper wire that goes from the light in the hard plastic panel in the frunk to the light in the cubby to the rear so for right now, my frunk is very poorly lit.

Here's a quick video of the end result (before I put all the panels back and broke the wire):

Nope, vendor said they'd get back to me but has not yet, and also that I was the only Canadian interested... seems that last part might not be true. Have you tried to contact the vendor directly?
I just received mine today, however, I had it shipped to Washington State (I'm a 20 minute drive from Point Roberts, WA). I'm not sure where you live, but if you live near the boarder, that may be an option.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I did mine today not bad at all except it took a while working in the latch position, for those you have done it I can still press and move my hood. The vendor says it is normal and it shows closed in the main Tesla screen. Are your cars like mine Where you can still push down a bit on the hood when closed?

I did mine today not bad at all except it took a while working in the latch position, for those you have done it I can still press and move my hood. The vendor says it is normal and it shows closed in the main Tesla screen. Are your cars like mine Where you can still push down a bit on the hood when closed?
I haven’t yet installed my frunk kit, but with my stock Plaid hood and latch I can push down on the hood about 1/2” when it’s locked in place

I finished my install today. Very easy, no issues at all. For anyone with a refresh S, I would suggest watching the Mark 4 video install on the model 3. A bunch of the parts are updated compared to the older S video they have and the 3 video is closer to the kit you received.

Very happy, And thanks again to the OP for organizing the group buy!

Reactions: KyleDay
I thought the same thing when I was done but hadn't specifically looked at the movement before so I couldn't tell if it was different. That said, I washed the car over the weekend and didn't see any signs of water in the frunk so it appears to still be sealed.

2nd issue, anyone else experience the hood not going down enough to latch? It slows down a few inches high and then stops right as it nears the latch.

Attachments

• 20220613_185736.jpg
    20220613_185736.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 85
I meant to say travel distance. But that may only be for the opening. Any way to manually adjust the struts? I haven’t attempted the install yet and am kinda just throwing out ideas.
Have you contacted EVOffer's tech help? I found them to be extremely helpful and very easy to work with. It may take a little while for them to respond initially as I'm not sure where exactly on the globe they are so there is likely a significant time difference but once they responded to me, it was a quick back and forth text conversation. They were often answering questions while I was still typing my next comment.

Have you contacted EVOffer's tech help? I found them to be extremely helpful and very easy to work with. It may take a little while for them to respond initially as I'm not sure where exactly on the globe they are so there is likely a significant time difference but once they responded to me, it was a quick back and forth text conversation. They were often answering questions while I was still typing my next comment.
Yes I contacted them via Telegram last night at 6pm EST and haven't heard anything back yet. I re-pinged the conversation this morning in case they missed it.

Can anyone who finished this show where they stowed the latch motor? I know the directions suggest putting it near the wheel well for an emergency but I don't see anything good to zip-tie near there.
I put mine where they showed it in the instruction manual. I used the double sided tape provided to give it some anti-vibration insulation and the long zip tie around the frame as shown in the pic below. hope this helps.

IMG_3498.jpeg

Reactions: Veregon
Status
Not open for further replies.