Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk Group Buy - MX Refresh LR/Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested in a group buy for Power Frunk from EVOffer, send me a PM (w. name, MX or MS) and I will add you to the list.

We will get 20% off and need 20+ TMC members (Model X - Variant B: built after 2021/03) or (Model S - Variant C: built after 2021/02)

- Alex

In case you are wondering, price would be 20% off $499 = $399 with free shipping. Let me know if you want to be added to the GB list, I started a thread on Model S forum as well:

I like the product, but it's not without issues. Right now I'm not sure I would recommend it. Seeing the note about wrapping the power around the battery post and using tape is just the icing on the cake.

I like the product, but it's not without issues. Right now I'm not sure I would recommend it. Seeing the note about wrapping the power around the battery post and using tape is just the icing on the cake.
BTW, I was communicating with EVoffer about the power connection. Wrapping the wire - a big no no for my OCD. The guy mentioned that they are testing a new power connector. When ordering - request the new connector, it is still beta. What other issues are common for this product?
I’m a bit concerned with deforming the hood. It’s flimsy and force from power struts is applied from the sides, rather than near latch. Are there any cases when this happened?

I want to join this GB For MX 2022. Never used Gb before. How is this work? Who gets payments, shipping? Don’t want this to be more hassle than it’s worth

BTW, I was communicating with EVoffer about the power connection. Wrapping the wire - a big no no for my OCD. The guy mentioned that they are testing a new power connector. When ordering - request the new connector, it is still beta. What other issues are common for this product?
I’m a bit concerned with deforming the hood. It’s flimsy and force from power struts is applied from the sides, rather than near latch. Are there any cases when this happened?

I want to join this GB For MX 2022. Never used Gb before. How is this work? Who gets payments, shipping? Don’t want this to be more hassle than it’s worth

For the Group buy, we will get a coupon code to use when we place the order directly on their website. I have both the power frunk and trunk kits for my Model 3 and they work great.

Did they solve the issue where the hood doesn't open? That's what I've been dealing with.

Hi everyone, just confirmed with EVOffer and we have the 20% discount for our group buy (min. 20 kits). My list shows 25+ interested so let's get our orders in on the website. All model years/variants for Model S and Model X will be accepted.

Please use the Coupon code: JUN22-20TMC when you check out. Below is the message from EVOffer:

************************************************************************************************

We have already enabled a coupon code for the group buy. Here is the details: Coupon Code: JUN22-20TMC Valid until: 2022-06-15
Applicable products: Model S Electric Frunk, Model X Electric Frunk (All model years / variants) Minimum requirement for the group buy: 20 kits

If the number of orders is lower than the requested amount, there are 2 options:
1. We can issue a 95% refund (because there is a card processing fee charged by the processor)
2. Customer can pay extra 10% to get the kit

For the customers from Canada, please ask them to send us a message on Telegram and we will try to see how can it be arranged. Thank you!

image.jpg

Reactions: mec0t0
just installed it this week. took about 2 hours total. the instructions were fairly bad in that it lacked pictures for quite a few important steps but overall it was not difficult to figure it out.

the latch does need to be higher than you’d expect or else it will not fully clear when the trim pieces are reinstalled which happened to me. you don’t need to take off the whole tub to fix this though, just the front trim and the frunk release button panel so it was an easy fix.

so far it’s working perfectly.