Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk installer Reno or Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve installed this kit by myself, and I was someone with literally zero experience working on anything mechanical. It took a few hours to figure it all out and getting to the screws for the frunk release button is difficult, but it’s absolutely possible to successfully install this thing yourself. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to watch some videos (and have them handy while actually doing the installation). The key step to success is adjusting the cable to get the 5 millimeter overlap the instructions refer to.

There are 2 videos available on YouTube which go over things pretty well:

In combination with the somewhat poor instructions from Hansshow, it’s pretty straightforward to install this thing on your own.

Tools needed:

Drill with socket adapter
Socket set
Torx set
2 adjustable wrenches
Flathead screwdriver

It took a few hour

I agree. I installed it in about 2 hours with no experience. It would've been A LOT faster, but I made the mistake with the Hanshow kit of removing the gas-shock arms and immediately putting the powered ones in on the old sockets. I tried to close the trunk and the new arms were too long. I think realized that I was supposed to add these socket extender things that move the socket out a few inches - so it took forever to remove those arms, just to quickly add the extender things and then replace the arms. Worked like a charm and literally use my frunk everyday now.