Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk motors and wiring Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone see the youtube videos on installing the power Frunk motors and wiring kits for Model 3, mostly but they do offer model X also. Some of the video the seller is HansShow company from China and some video is TeslaOffer company from Hong Kong. Their power Frunk kits look exactly the same on the video. Which one do you guys buy from? The HansShow claims to be the legit direct manufacturer ordering.

I have completed my installed and it works great. Contact Raymond at www.teslaoffer,com and chat with him. Tell him Mr,Tea from Kansas send you. He will help you all the way. It is very easy and convenient feature. The only hard part is to access the front lock mechanism. I also install the Kick sensor on the trunk of my MX. The installation is pretty easy if you a hand with tools.

I just installed the Hanshow one. Works good, all plug and play no cutting or splicing of any wires. Trickiest part is accessing the switch inside the Frunk. Can operate from Fob, MCU, App, and also the Frunk button, pressing it while open will close it. Very useful. Full display on MCU and app as well. Got it $450 if you use i1telsa code.

Reactions: ARMARM
Hanshaw customer support not good and the salesman did not own MX. I asked them questions and they not able to answer them.
TeslaOffer on the other hand, the salesman own more than three Tesla car for testing and demo. He knows what he is talking about. Check out their web site and contact them. They now have improve version 2 motors which is quieter. They also have kits for M3 self closing doors and M3 self present doors like model X doors.

• Informative
Reactions: Corsair
I just installed the Hanshow one. Works good, all plug and play no cutting or splicing of any wires. Trickiest part is accessing the switch inside the Frunk. Can operate from Fob, MCU, App, and also the Frunk button, pressing it while open will close it. Very useful. Full display on MCU and app as well. Got it $450 if you use i1telsa code.
I found the way to access the frunk button without removing or access the button at all. Trace the wires and it appear behind the driver side headlight. TeslaOffer can give you same discount also.

I didn’t have to tap anything, was 100 percent plug and play harnesses. Can you control from the screen and app open and close? I read you could not with Tesla offer kit that’s why I went with Hanshow Kit. I’m sure there both good. Was just giving the original poster the experience with my kit.

It's the similar kit. Since I am not able to get to the frunk button easily so I tap it instead of plug and play. It can close and open the trunk from the screen and phone and remote. I do not need to tap anything at all. I just using the inline hardness that included. I guess you already done installing it so no point of talking about it any longer. I heard TeslaOffer is testing version 2 frunk kit that open hood higher/bigger and very quiet. I also installed the Kick Sensor for my power frunk which Hanshaw did not want to sell.

It's the similar kit. Since I am not able to get to the frunk button easily so I tap it instead of plug and play. It can close and open the trunk from the screen and phone and remote. I do not need to tap anything at all. I just using the inline hardness that included. I guess you already done installing it so no point of talking about it any longer. I heard TeslaOffer is testing version 2 frunk kit that open hood higher/bigger and very quiet. I also installed the Kick Sensor for my power frunk which Hanshaw did not want to sell.
This is interesting. I am thinking about ordering a fronk kit, but knowing that V 2.0 is on the horizon makes me want to wait. Can you elaborate on timing and/or changes?

Umm. Might want to rethink tapping on that brown wire behind headlight for the hansshow kit. It didn't work for me. Had to use the frunk switch.

Use a torx t20 key to unscrew the frunk switch and put something between the vend and the switch to create some space. Wasn't as bad as I thought.

Umm. Might want to rethink tapping on that brown wire behind headlight for the hansshow kit. It didn't work for me. Had to use the frunk switch.

Use a torx t20 key to unscrew the frunk switch and put something between the vend and the switch to create some space. Wasn't as bad as I thought.
I didn’t have to tap anything for the Hanshow Kit. The TeslaOffer Kit is the one that has to be tapped. That’s why I bought Hanshow. All plug and play. And I did the same thing with the wood

Hi all- I have a 2014 P85DL and saw these frunk lifts are now available for my car. I was wondering how they hold up over time- any issues, anyone regret getting them? I am considering a purchase, but wanted to get other’s input first. Thanks!

We installed both the Hansshow and Teslaoffer kits for clients and they are almost the same. Teslaoffer offers a better warranty of 2 years which will be beneficial if it breaks in the future. Customer service for both are great.
Watch out for the older versions of the Hansshow frunk kits because the hood opens very low and you will hit your head on the edge of the hood when you are putting stuff inside the frunk.

• Informative
Reactions: brook90 and njhtran
We installed both the Hansshow and Teslaoffer kits for clients and they are almost the same. Teslaoffer offers a better warranty of 2 years which will be beneficial if it breaks in the future. Customer service for both are great.
Watch out for the older versions of the Hansshow frunk kits because the hood opens very low and you will hit your head on the edge of the hood when you are putting stuff inside the frunk.
What is different on the newer hanshow kits. Are the power struts longer or do they come with some sort of bracket. If it’s bracket can they be ordered for older kits, or can struts be swapped for new longer units.

Reactions: srk67