Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk motors and wiring Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed them on my car. Love it and now I use the frunk alot more for food.

totally agreed. only prob i've had is that i always get the "oh look he's just showing off his motor" every time i open and close it. most people dont know it's a trunk. well, not the only prob - the other minor prob is that every time i walk away to lock the car if doors and frunk are open, i have to close doors or frunk separately. so i have to press lock on fob and then wait for doors to close before i can close frunk or vice versa. i wish they would all close together with one press of fob. i have the latest teslashow MARK 3.0

I spoke too soon.

It has been working well for a couple weeks. Today I was driving on city streets and it suddenly opened while I was driving! I was going about 30mile per hour. Nobody activated anything that would make it open it just spontaneously did and is very dangerous.

has anyone else (with the latest mark 3.0 version or otherwise) had this issue?

I spoke too soon.

It has been working well for a couple weeks. Today I was driving on city streets and it suddenly opened while I was driving! I was going about 30mile per hour. Nobody activated anything that would make it open it just spontaneously did and is very dangerous.

has anyone else (with the latest mark 3.0 version or otherwise) had this issue?

How is the inside frunk open/close switch installed? Did you connect it back to the Original OEM Tesla harness or is it connected to the Teslaoffer harness still when doing the speed programing?

How is the inside frunk open/close switch installed? Did you connect it back to the Original OEM Tesla harness or is it connected to the Teslaoffer harness still when doing the speed programing?

the frunk open/close switch is integrated as one of the plugs that goes to the teslaoffer module. i didnt do the speed programming as the default was good for me and I believe optional. And from what I remember, the MARK3.0 version didn't match up with the video instructions on doing speed programming because the teslaoffer module is very different now.

it's too bad, that this might burst my bubble for the automated frunk but it made me realize now why tesla opted to not do it from the factory and instead has a manual latch that you must disengage before opening.

I hate to say it but I'm thinking of just taking it all out and getting a refund because I should still be in the 30 day window. It's just not worth the risk - if I were on the freeway I can only imagine how much carnage and damage that would've cost me.

Last edited:
I just spoke with their support (teslaoffer). It sounds like it may have been due to golf bags i had in the trunk, i did have to tap on my brakes and the cargo potentially hit the emergency button inside the frunk. I will give Tesla a call tomorrow to see if they can determine from their access to my logs.

I just spoke with their support (teslaoffer). It sounds like it may have been due to golf bags i had in the trunk, i did have to tap on my brakes and the cargo potentially hit the emergency button inside the frunk. I will give Tesla a call tomorrow to see if they can determine from their access to my logs.
Please post your results- this could be a one off issue or a good reminder about things rolling around in the Frunk.

Please post your results- this could be a one off issue or a good reminder about things rolling around in the Frunk.
Thanks for the reminder. Tesla support wasnt able to look at the logs remotely, they said I have to take it to an SC which I won't do since I have that TeslaOffer thing installed I don't want them to start pointing fingers. I'm fairly certain now that I recollect the events that happened was immediately after I braked, it makes sense it must be the golf bags. I have now taped over the emergency button (and labelled it).

Reactions: Shadious
Thanks for the reminder. Tesla support wasnt able to look at the logs remotely, they said I have to take it to an SC which I won't do since I have that TeslaOffer thing installed I don't want them to start pointing fingers. I'm fairly certain now that I recollect the events that happened was immediately after I braked, it makes sense it must be the golf bags. I have now taped over the emergency button (and labelled it).
I know it’s been a while since this post. Curious if njhtran, you had any more occurrences of the frunk opening when you didn’t mean it to, or any other issues with the power frunk now that it has been a few years.

• Helpful
Reactions: Genie
I’ve had the Tesla Offer frunk almost 2 years, use it daily and no problems. I will look at covering the release button though.
Since then I purchased a different Model X item from Hansshow that was defective and got no response at all from customer service so I’m pretty sour on that brand.

Reactions: dasarp