Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk | No more fingerprints on the hood!

nguyentoogood

Youtuber / Engineer
Mar 2, 2019
Sacramento
This is a mod i always wanted to do. It works on my 2015 P85D and the refresh front bumper. I believe if you have two bumper hooks you are out of luck.

Well then. I made an install video and I hope this help our future owners who want to tackle the project!

You can order it here: Tesla Model S Electric Frunk kit(Newest Version )~Safest storage space | eBay

Let me know if you guys have any questions

BigCity

Nov 18, 2015
Avon, IN
Awesome, wonder if this will work on my 2016 P100D with refresh front face. Install looks dead simple, with the exception of the one tapped wire on the one plug, but only if it were in a different location on different models. Great work!

• Love
Reactions: nguyentoogood

nguyentoogood

Youtuber / Engineer
Mar 2, 2019
Sacramento
Yeah it works with the refresh too. Only difference really is your frunk tub bolts are towards are lower but you would figure it out. (bio defense filter). Everything else is the same.

Rockwell

Jul 23, 2017
Anaheim hills

Doanster1

Feb 14, 2018
Oregon
Def cool mod, but I’ve used the frunk exactly twice since I’ve owned my car, so won’t be doing this any time soon. :)

BTW, is your car an ex-service loaner? Looks like there’s a Tesla business card holder sticker at the lower windshield that I normally see on the loaners I get. Great transformation if so!!

nguyentoogood

Youtuber / Engineer
Mar 2, 2019
Sacramento
maxresdefault.jpg

Do you see where the hood latches onto the front bumper area. Pretty much all cars have only one except the older models.

Reactions: Rockwell

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC