Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk | No more fingerprints on the hood!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a mod i always wanted to do. It works on my 2015 P85D and the refresh front bumper. I believe if you have two bumper hooks you are out of luck.

Well then. I made an install video and I hope this help our future owners who want to tackle the project!

You can order it here: Tesla Model S Electric Frunk kit(Newest Version )~Safest storage space | eBay

Let me know if you guys have any questions

Hey this is off topic but what lip and spoiler and exterior mods have you made? I'm buying a MS same year and I love your look

I'm interested but at a FAR lower price.

I think it's handy but I can't justify nearly $500 and a full day of labor (or paying someone else as many other will probably opt for so double that price tag) for something I rarely use. Would I use it more if it was automatic? Maybe. Most likely what I would do is continue using the automated hatch as I currently do and once in a great while need to open the frunk and be reminded that I installed that option that I never use so many months ago.

Speaking of price, the price of the eBay one has been all over the place. It was $500, then $479, then down to $409 (still too pricey) and now it's $450. It should be about half of the price that it is given the parts associated with the kit and once it is I'll consider getting one. I just don't see myself using it frequently enough to justify the price tag currently.

Reactions: SilverGS
I'm interested but at a FAR lower price.

I think it's handy but I can't justify nearly $500 and a full day of labor (or paying someone else as many other will probably opt for so double that price tag) for something I rarely use. Would I use it more if it was automatic? Maybe. Most likely what I would do is continue using the automated hatch as I currently do and once in a great while need to open the frunk and be reminded that I installed that option that I never use so many months ago.

Speaking of price, the price of the eBay one has been all over the place. It was $500, then $479, then down to $409 (still too pricey) and now it's $450. It should be about half of the price that it is given the parts associated with the kit and once it is I'll consider getting one. I just don't see myself using it frequently enough to justify the price tag currently.

It’s different in my case as I use the frunk far more than the trunk. I love Indian food and order lots of take outs and groceries go there too. Keeps the cabin scent free.

I had called around and they were charging between $200-400.

Once I get my kit in this week, I will see how hard it is to install. Anyone around OC/LA ... you are welcome to see us install the kit. We did the softclose already and it took about 3 hours.
tony & david on Instagram: “Soft closeing doors on our Model s. Took 3 hours to install. The hardness part was to make sure the wires are secured against the frame of…”

So you bought the soft closing kit and BoringMod installed it for you? How much was parts and labor?

I interested but don't want to do the install myself.

Thanks