Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car type: feb 11 2016 Build, P90D/L
Battery version: 1088792-00-a
Current software release: 17.26.17
Power with ludicrous and launch mode (@SOC%): 505kw @95%

logging software crashed during my 100% with and without launch mode tests... 505 is "good enough" for me. that and my charger does not heat up the battery at all so no more max battery testing. its just not worth my time.
interestingly my range at 100% is now 273.

Car type: P85DL

Tested early July 2016
Battery version:
1074980-00-E
Software release: 2.20.30
Power with ludicrous (@ SOC%): 446 kW @ 97% SOC
Power with ludicrous and max battery ready (@ SOC%): 444 kW @ 98% SOC
Power with ludicrous, max battery ready and launch mode (@SOC%): 443 kW @ 99% SOC

Tested late March 2017
Battery version:
1074980-00-E
Software release: 17.6.15
Power with ludicrous (@ SOC%): Didn't test
Power with ludicrous and max battery ready (@ SOC%): 439 kW @ 98% SOC
Power with ludicrous, max battery ready and launch mode (@SOC%): 439 kW @ 99% SOC

Tested late July 2017
Battery version:
1055519-00-B (battery replaced due to "Avoid Hard Acceleration" error)
Software release: 17.26.17
Power with ludicrous (@ SOC%): 405 kW @ 99%
Power with ludicrous and max battery ready (@ SOC%): 402 kW @ 98% SOC
Power with ludicrous, max battery ready and launch mode (@SOC%): 404 kW @ 97% SOC

Power has decreased 9.2% from first test in July 2016 to recent test yesterday. In that time I had the high voltage battery replaced along with both drive units. I expected to get improved performance. I was wrong. :/

What caused the drop between the pack and motor replacement? Is the voltage drop greater or do the motors draw less current?

I'm not sure; I'm curious too. I've placed a call with Tesla Support and asked if there is a way for them to verify how much power I'm getting. I explained the situation and told them the numbers I've seen in my testing, but would like for them to confirm if it's possible. They said they will pull the logs and contact the local Service Center and get back to me.

Ok. So Tesla is doing this to increase battery life? Is this affecting the 0 to 60 times? Does this affect all Tesla owners or just the once who use a lot of super Chargers?

All P85D, P90D, P100D owners with Ludicrous. They are doing this to reduce warranty failures of the battery that they will have to pay for. It reduces 0-60 times, passing power, and more.

It is independent of the other limit from lots of supercharging.

I think this is the first P85DL we've seen. It's mostly been the 1600 amp P90DLs. You have to go through the easter egg b.s. on the P100D to get to the same cell current as the 1600 amp P90DL.

The interesting thing here is that not even launch mode plus max battery together restore his ludicrous power. It's not even at the insane level. This car may have some other issue. Or maybe they are just expanding the program to lower their warranty exposure.