Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power limited only at 80+ mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the dashed line all the time now at any SOC or temp (only shows up under full acceleration). It's been doing it for the last several months. I've never brought it in for the issue, but perhaps the battery pack is failing. I have until Feb 2022 under the drivetrain warranty. I sure hope it fails before then.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
Whew! Your 2013 P85 was going out of the 8 year battery warranty in 2021, did they update the warranty on the pack they put in your car?

I did not ask, but believe that after the exchange it’s just remaining balance of your warranty. I do not have any documentation as the invoice was in the mobile app and since there was no charge it disappeared from my account one I viewed. They tie it to your appointment so once the appt was completed it disappeared.

I get the dashed line all the time now at any SOC or temp (only shows up under full acceleration).

As far as I’ve been able to understand from the many threads on this behaviour, it is now normal to see the yellow dash lines under hard acceleration as you noted. This is the same I see and my pack is operating beautifully with almost no degradation and no supercharging throttling.