Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power of DC 2010 June 5th and 6th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joelado

May 17, 2010
The Power of DC is back for its 10th year this June 5th and 6th. There is an autocross, which is timed racing on a course set up by the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). SCCA handles the timing and provides helmets too. The second day, the 6th of June is drag racing at the Mason Dixon Drag Way. This is a NHRA sanctioned course and the event is also sanctioned by the National Electric Drag Racing Association. Last year's TESLAs were only a few hundredths of a second off a NEDRA record. Go to http://www.powerofdc.com and find out more.

Hope to see you there and other TESLA owners

You were soooo close. I bet that this year you will break the record. We have two generators for the track so everyone should be topped off without having to fight over getting plugged in.

I didn't break the quarter-mile record. Last year I was .03 secs off the record. This year I was .09 off. I only got one run off before the rains came. I was completely fully charged, had drag radials on the rear wheels at the properly low inflation pressures. Can't think of anything I could have done better.

So are my results the effect of a one year older battery? Is this what happens as a battery ages and can't quite perform as well? That's my hypothesis.

Did you run with TC off? Did you try to hit the torque pedal first before letting off of the brake pedal?

Take any extra weight out of the car? Go on a diet? :redface: Even bend the rear view mirrors back to reduce drag?

Yes it was rather hot when the record was set. And yes, all tricks they could think of were applied. The driver was very light which is going to make it hard to beat his time. Still, he only did a couple of runs, so he might have been able to better his own time given more chances. Also, the car was about as new as you could get - just the drive from Seattle to Portland to "break it in" first.