Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to use Power Off for a deep reboot. I took out the USB drive, and turned off my phone. Sat in car with the doors closed and windows up. Hit Power Off. Sat there for 30 mins. The car would not go quiet - always had some motor noise.

After 30 mins i pressed the break and the car instantly came back up. I'm assuming that means it never fully powered down. Anyone ever get their car to completely power off?

Trying to use Power Off for a deep reboot. I took out the USB drive, and turned off my phone. Sat in car with the doors closed and windows up. Hit Power Off. Sat there for 30 mins. The car would not go quiet - always had some motor noise.

After 30 mins i pressed the break and the car instantly came back up. I'm assuming that means it never fully powered down. Anyone ever get their car to completely power off?
You followed the procedure listed in the Owner's Manual, so it should have powered down (although the OM says you only have to wait about 2 minutes). Did you do it after driving the car?

Upvote 0