Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power out in East Bay, Pleasanton

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 0.1 inches of rain has knocked out power to 3,000…

DAE4F300-B13E-4D16-AE3F-5B558078A281.png

Hah, haven't seen a power outage in my area in San Diego for years...You PG&E folks sure are getting work from your Powerwalls to make it feel like a good investment/$$ spent. :)
Powerwalls are about the only things we can do to defend against an outage. We have been working from home in tech for over a decade. No power means no work gets done and thousands of lost revenue. So it is definitely a good investment for us.

Plus the $2-600+/mo we save in power bills is nice.:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BGbreeder
Yep. The power is out again. It went down around 10 PM. The expected restoration is 2 PM. The West side of 680 must be connected with some twine and extension cords.

Thankfully the Powerwalls and solar will last us indefinitely (or at least until late Fall). We have not pulled power from the grid for the last 2 months. Now producing 2 kW and using 0.7. The remainder is charging the batteries.

Wish I had more power outages where I live :)
Hey, we'd share! We have power outages almost every month, some lasting for days. Good ol' PG&E says they'll upgrade, or bury the lines, or cut down trees or something, about every 6 months, but nothing ever happens. No worries, though. Bought 3 power walls years ago, and now we never know when the power goes out.

Hey, we'd share! We have power outages almost every month, some lasting for days. Good ol' PG&E says they'll upgrade, or bury the lines, or cut down trees or something, about every 6 months, but nothing ever happens. No worries, though. Bought 3 power walls years ago, and now we never know when the power goes out.
Yep. The pain of the expense of the Powerwall fades pretty fast thanks to PG&E.

Power still going up and down on here in Pleasanton off Foothill Road. One neighbor said they almost got 1/2 a pot of coffee brewed during the latest up window. :p

Really glad the Warriors already clinched the championship.