Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Outage - 2 Weeks in a row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ibcs

Jan 31, 2010
Ohio
Can't believe our power has gone out two weeks in a row while having a Roadster and Model S fully charged in the garage. Seems ironic to be sitting in the dark with all those joules in the garage.

1) Doug is 100%, as are ibcs and adiggs.
2) Not sure you want to run the house on the battery in the roadster, because if you run her too close to dry you will be SOL.
3) That brings us back to 1... Go for a drive? (and maybe buy a generator).

I lived for weeks without power here in NYC after Superstorm Sandy. I feel your pain.

Best,

T

Can't believe our power has gone out two weeks in a row while having a Roadster and Model S fully charged in the garage. Seems ironic to be sitting in the dark with all those joules in the garage.
For the roadster you could try an 12v to 120v pure sinewave inverter (i think 1000 watts max if I remember), it might void the warranty of the car. I posted a photo of where the main 12v connects to the car from the ESS, of course use at your own risk. Also you have to make sure water pump is always flowing, easy enough to verify and hear.

Last edited: