Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Power reduced - exiting and entering the vehicle may restore operation"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few threads on this topic, but no real answers it seems so I wanted to start a new thread with my own experiences. I have gotten this alert twice in the past couple weeks.

IMG-7417.jpg

If you go into the alerts it gives a little more detail:

"Power reduced - OK to drive" "Front motor temporarily disabled"

IMG-7419.jpg

If you put the car in park, exit the vehicle and shut the door, then get back in the car everything seems normal again. I did drive it for a mile or two this morning when it happened and it drives ok, but it is definitely reduced power and you can feel the front motor is definitely disabled.

Like I said, car drives normal again once you exit and re-enter but has anyone seen this also or found a resolution on it?

Picked up my new car on 2/2 and on 2/4 (42 miles in) had to get it towed to SC in Burbank. Front motor disabled, regen breaking disabled, ABS disabled and the list goes on. There were about 6 to 8 warnings on the touchscreen and the car wouldn't let me put it in D. I tried rebooting the screen, powering the car off, exited and came back in 3 times, but nothing did the trick. It all started after I used a supercharger to try it out on 2/3. Hopefully nothing too serious! Anyone else experienced that recently?

I've seen a few threads on this topic, but no real answers it seems so I wanted to start a new thread with my own experiences. I have gotten this alert twice in the past couple weeks.

View attachment 760943

View attachment 760944

If you put the car in park, exit the vehicle and shut the door, then get back in the car everything seems normal again. I did drive it for a mile or two this morning when it happened and it drives ok, but it is definitely reduced power and you can feel the front motor is definitely disabled.

Like I said, car drives normal again once you exit and re-enter but has anyone seen this also or found a resolution on it?
this is happening to my new S refresh, after I stomp on the accelerator (floor it). Car is presently in service for another issue (glad I had the appointment!) and i have a loaner...and now the wait begins!

Picked up my new car on 2/2 and on 2/4 (42 miles in) had to get it towed to SC in Burbank. Front motor disabled, regen breaking disabled, ABS disabled and the list goes on. There were about 6 to 8 warnings on the touchscreen and the car wouldn't let me put it in D. I tried rebooting the screen, powering the car off, exited and came back in 3 times, but nothing did the trick. It all started after I used a supercharger to try it out on 2/3. Hopefully nothing too serious! Anyone else experienced that recently?
Might be the low voltage battery. Let us know what they said.

Reactions: In_the_process
I had this notification happen to my 2022 M3P yesterday for the first time. I have 300 miles on the car.

I was at the supermarket and got back into the car and all these warnings popped up and it wouldn't let me put it into drive.

I had to get out of the car, walk away and come back and all the warnings were gone.

@Jeremy3292 how did you get service to remotely diagnose the car? I went into the app but it only gives me an option to take it to the service center.

I had this notification happen to my 2022 M3P yesterday for the first time. I have 300 miles on the car.

I was at the supermarket and got back into the car and all these warnings popped up and it wouldn't let me put it into drive.

I had to get out of the car, walk away and come back and all the warnings were gone.

@Jeremy3292 how did you get service to remotely diagnose the car? I went into the app but it only gives me an option to take it to the service center.
Depending on the write-up, they may access logs in advance of a service appointment. You can also in the description of a particular issue ask them to pull the logs but that is something they would probably do anyway.

You create an appointment in the app and add the photos of the errors and just ask in the description for them to look at it remotely.

It could actually be a nothing burger as I have had no issues since after just exiting the car and then getting back in.

Reactions: Mark52479
You create an appointment in the app and add the photos of the errors and just ask in the description for them to look at it remotely.

It could actually be a nothing burger as I have had no issues since after just exiting the car and then getting back in.
Depending on the write-up, they may access logs in advance of a service appointment. You can also in the description of a particular issue ask them to pull the logs but that is something they would probably do anyway.
Thank you

View attachment 760943

View attachment 760944

Same here and the car wouldn't even let me put it in D anymore. I had to get it towed to the SC 2 days after getting it... That was last Friday. Still waiting to hear from them.

View attachment 760943

View attachment 760944

This has happened to me twice now. exiting and re-entering the restored the vehicle to normal operation. I am concerned that this may happen again in a high traffic area and cause some real issues. I don't feel confident in taking it on longer trips. Has anyone heard a solution from Tesla?

This has happened to me twice now. exiting and re-entering the restored the vehicle to normal operation. I am concerned that this may happen again in a high traffic area and cause some real issues. I don't feel confident in taking it on longer trips. Has anyone heard a solution from Tesla?
Hasn't happened to me in a long time...think they fixed it with a software update. I never had any "real" issues though...just exited and re-entered and it was fine. I opened a service ticket once and was told it's just a bug and no worries. YMMV

This just happened to me tonight. 2019 M3 dual motor with 99,500 miles. Never happened before. My passenger and I exited, and reentered and the message was gone. Completely freaking me out though! Will open a service ticket and hope it doesn't amount to anything...