Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Reduced - Service Required - Tesla S 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It all started with the message "Electrical System Power Reduced" a few weeks ago and then the message about voltage and now it basically died and says "power reduced, service is required". I made an appointment but can't get in for a couple weeks! Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what fixed it and was it under warranty? I have almost 99k miles on it. If I have it towed to the service center, will they work on it sooner? I am scared to drive it for 30 miles to the shop in case it dies on the freeway. Thanks!

It all started with the message "Electrical System Power Reduced" a few weeks ago and then the message about voltage and now it basically died and says "power reduced, service is required". I made an appointment but can't get in for a couple weeks! Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what fixed it and was it under warranty? I have almost 99k miles on it. If I have it towed to the service center, will they work on it sooner? I am scared to drive it for 30 miles to the shop in case it dies on the freeway. Thanks!
I have a 2013 and I’m getting the same message. Mine has shut down completely with 12v dead now. I charged the 12v so can now enter the car but i can’t move it. I feel it started a couple of weeks ago with the update. Has your’s been fixed or what’s the diagnosis?