Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
Strange and frustrating message appearing on my dashboard. It suddenly said power reduced and service required. Cannot drive the car when i change the gear all the icons turns red. I am based in Mauritius i cannot take the car for service. Please advice me
Could be a number of issues. Try the “search” function on the forum.

Short answer is you need to either take it somewhere for service or have Tesla attempt to remotely diagnose the issue.

Short answer is you need to either take it somewhere for service or have Tesla attempt to remotely diagnose the issue.

How can have tesla to remotely diagnose the issue? Is there a number to contact? As i live in Mauritius not much can be done here.

I am amazed that you took the Tesla to Mauritius ( work from vacation home i guess- just joking). I am not sure how Tesla is going to react to your taking the vehicle to Mauritius. Tesla does have any data on the roads there , FSD will fail or not work, and their central vehicle tracking system may tread the vehicle in a non approved zone. I am curious , did you inform Tesla that you are planning to take the car to Mauritius? With zero local support your best option is remote diagnostics from tesla or/and the advice from this forum.
Good luck and hope your problem gets resolved.

I doubt you'll have any luck getting anything from Tesla. I think you would most likely need to find a third party service provider who is willing to walk you through whatever may be necessary to give them remote access so that they can subsequently diagnose the issue for you. I don't know the names of such providers, but they do exist, and while they have likely been mentioned in these forums, you might have more luck finding one by broadening your search to the rest of the Internet.