Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power steering vibration on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else getting vibration on the steering on a Model Y? I picked up our car in September 2022 and recently the power steering became jittery and was no longer smooth. I booked the car in to be looked at but got a call the day before saying it was a known software issue on Model Ys with our configuration and I didn't need to bring the car in. The jittering happens while stationary, so it is not a wheel balance issue or anything like that. Tesla recommended going lock to lock a few times before I start driving to "warm up the steering rack" as that's improved it in some cases.

I was just wondering if anyone else is getting the same issue and how widespread it is.

Is anyone else getting vibration on the steering on a Model Y? I picked up our car in September 2022 and recently the power steering became jittery and was no longer smooth. I booked the car in to be looked at but got a call the day before saying it was a known software issue on Model Ys with our configuration and I didn't need to bring the car in. The jittering happens while stationary, so it is not a wheel balance issue or anything like that. Tesla recommended going lock to lock a few times before I start driving to "warm up the steering rack" as that's improved it in some cases.

I was just wondering if anyone else is getting the same issue and how widespread it is.
Sounds like you may be experiencing this - Steering wheel not able to drive straight

Reactions: WillyC