Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Power Switch and Power Supply" proactive replacement on D-pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of @qwk's "no mention of it (even on the itemized work order list)"... My repair order has this item included:
I was in for new tires and was also advised I should get this done on my B pack VIN P02xx. It took two days, was documented in the repair order, along with a bunch of other stuff, like adding zip ties to certain hoses, replacing floor mats that were curling, broken visors and an "active louver" update. It was a seamless experience for me, though I probably could have shaved a day off the work, had I known they needed a discharged battery.

They have a resistive heater setup that dumps the battery power into something like a 15kW heating element and can drain a full standalone pack to safe levels in 4-5 hours. I'm told the "procedure" for draining the battery when this device is in use is to turn the cabin heater on full blast "HI", which can drain a full battery in a regular work day shift.